Stingray Brava Logo
|Launched||1 July 2009|
|Owned by||Stingray Digital|
|Picture format||576i (16:9, SD)
brava nl klassiek (2013–2015)
Cultuur 7 (2013–2015)
|Sister channel(s)||Stingray Djazz
Stingray Lite TV
|CanalDigitaal (Netherlands)||Channel 27 (HD)|
|TV Vlaanderen (Flanders)||Channel 103 (HD)|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 607|
|CAIW (Netherlands)||Channel 56|
|Kabel Noord (Netherlands)||Channel 362 (SD)
Channel 363 (HD)
|Telenet (Belgium)||Channel 50 (Flanders)
Channel 135 (Brussels)
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 537|
|ZON TVCabo (Portugal)||Channel 161 (HD)|
|KPN/Telfort/XS4ALL (Netherlands)||Channel 432|
|Proximus (Belgium)||Channel 110|
|Free (France)||Channel 274|
|meo (Portugal)||Channel 150 (HD)|
|Ziggo GO||ZiggoGO.tv (Netherlands only)|
Stingray Brava is a Dutch cultural television channel aimed at the Dutch and Belgian market. The programming consists of opera, ballet, and concertos. Productions are recorded in opera houses such as the Royal Opera House, the Teatro Real, and La Scala. The productions consists of stage performances such as La bohème, Otello, Aida, Swan Lake, Tosca, Zoroastre and Così fan tutte.
The channel launched as BravaNL in the Netherlands on 1 July 2009. BravaNL was founded by Jur Bron and Gerard Ardesch. It was co-owned by Strengholt BV between 23 December 2011 and 31 July 2015. It changed its name to brava nl klassiek in May, 2013. The Canadian company Stingray Digital took over brava nl klassiek on 31 July 2015. In October, 2015 Stingray acquired the Flemish television channel Cultuur 7. Cultuur 7 and Brava NL Klassiek merged into Brava on 1 December 2015. The channel changed its name to Stingray Brava on 1 October 2016.
- "Over brava". Brava. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Jarco Kriek (23 December 2011). "Strengholt stapt in Brava en SchlagerTV" (in Dutch). Totaal TV.
- Robert Briel (23 December 2011). "Strengholt neemt belang in Brava en SchlagerTV" (in Dutch). Broadband TV News.
- Jan-Hein Visser (16 May 2013). "BravaNL verder als brava nl klassiek" (in Dutch). Totaal TV.
- Mathieu Péloquin (31 July 2015). "Stingray Announces Closing of Transaction with Brava TV Group". Stingray Digital.
- Chris Dziadul (6 October 2015). "Stingray's Brava buys Cultuur 7". BroadbandTVNews.com.
- "Cultuur 7 gaat op 1 december over in Brava". Brava. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Brava in een nieuw jasje". Brava. Retrieved 1 November 2016.
|This Dutch television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|