|• Body||Village panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Chas is a panchayat village in the state of Maharashtra, India, on the left (east) bank of the Bhima River. Administratively, Chas is under Khed Taluka of Pune District in Maharashtra. There is only the single village of Chas in the Chas gram panchayat. The village of Chas is 16 km southeast of the Chas-Kaman Dam, and 14 km by road northwest of the town of Rajgurunagar (Khed).
In the 2001 census, the village of Chas in Khed Taluka had 2,480 inhabitants, with 1,260 males (50.8%) and 1,220 females (49.2%), for a gender ratio of 968 females per thousand males.
- 2011 Village Panchayat Code for Chas = 188098, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Khed, Pune, Maharashtra". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- 2001 Census Village code for Chas = 03064600, "2001 Census of India: List of Villages by Tehsil: Maharashtra" (PDF). Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. p. 595. Archived (PDF) from the original on 13 November 2011.
- 2011 Census Village code for Chas = 555777, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: List of Census Villages mapped for: Chas Gram Panchayat, Khed, Pune, Maharashtra". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India. Archived from the original on 2013-05-09.
- Poona India, Sheet NE 43-06 (topographic map, scale 1:250,000), Series U-502, United States Army Map Service, May 1960
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Maharashtra: Pune: Khed: Chas". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- "Official Website of Pune District".
- "Delimitation of PC and AC - 2004 Khed Taluka, Pune District, Maharashtra (Administrative Units)". Pune District. Archived from the original (Map) on 2013-05-09.
|This article about a location in Pune district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|