Cloud Lake, Florida
Cloud Lake, Florida
Location of Cloud Lake in Palm Beach County, Florida
|• Total||0.06 sq mi (0.17 km2)|
|• Land||0.05 sq mi (0.14 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2)|
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||2,703.70/sq mi (1,043.13/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0295205|
Cloud Lake is a town in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. With a population of 135 during the 2010 census, Cloud Lake used to be the least populous municipality in Palm Beach County, but Westlake is now the least populous county with a total of 5 residents. The town is situated adjacent to Glen Ridge and West Palm Beach and is located near the Palm Beach International Airport. Established in 1951, Cloud Lake was built largely by the efforts of twin brothers Karl and Kenyon Riddle, the former of whom served as the City Manager and Superintendent of Public Works of West Palm Beach in the 1920s.
Cloud Lake is located at  The town is bounded by Glen Ridge to the west and the south, State Road 80 to the north, and Interstate 95 to the east. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), all land.(26.675043, -80.073351).
|U.S. Decennial Census|
The population density was 1,350 inhabitants per square mile (2,172.5/km²). As of the 2000 census there were 68 housing units at an average density of 1,079.8 per square mile (437.6/km²).
As of 2000 there were 62 households out of which 30.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.5% were married couples living together, 9.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.6% were non-families. 25.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.33.
As of 2000 in the town the population was spread out with 25.7% under the age of 18, 7.2% from 18 to 24, 30.5% from 25 to 44, 27.5% from 45 to 64, and 9.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 85.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 82.4 males.
As of 2000 the median income for a household in the town was $55,625, and the median income for a family was $57,292. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $30,833 for females. The per capita income for the town was $24,311. None of the population or families were below the poverty line.
As of 2000, English was the first language of 100% of its residents. It, along with Briny Breezes, Golf, and Jupiter Inlet Colony were the only municipalities in Palm Beach county with all residents having the mother tongue of English.
- "2017 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Sep 20, 2018.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Kleinberg, Eliot (Sep 16, 1987). "A Town By Any Other Name". The Palm Beach Post. pp. D7. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "Cloud Lake". Palm Beach County Historical Society. Retrieved 30 May 2015.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Demographics of Cloud Lake, FL". MuniNetGuide.com. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "MLA Data Center Results of Cloud Lake, FL". Modern Language Association. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- The website for Cloud Lake at the Palm Beach County Convention and Visitors Bureau