Gott, man lobet dich in der Stille, BWV 120b
History and text
This cantata commemorates the 200th anniversary of the Augsburg Confession. It was first performed 26 June 1730 in the St. Thomas Church, Leipzig. The music for the piece is now lost, but can be partially reconstructed from Gott, man lobet dich in der Stille, BWV 120, on which some movements were based.
- Arioso: Gott, man lobet dich in der Stille(parody of BWV 120/1)
- Aria: Zahle, Zion, die Gelübde (parody of BWV 120/2)
- Recitative: Ach! du geliebte Gottesstadt
- Aria: Treu im Glauben (parody of BWV 120/4)
- Recitative: Wohlan, du heilige Gemeinde
- Chorale: Du heilige Brunst, süßer Trost
- "BWV" is Bach-Werke-Verzeichnis, a thematic catalogue of Bach's works.