Greenville Municipal Airport (Michigan)
|Greenville Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Greenville|
|Elevation AMSL||855 ft / 261 m|
Greenville Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 6D6) is a city owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) south of the central business district of Greenville, a city in Montcalm County, Michigan, United States. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a local general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Greenville Municipal Airport covers an area of 135 acres (55 ha) at an elevation of 855 feet (261 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 10/28 is 4,199 by 75 feet (1,280 x 23 m) with an asphalt surface and 18/36 is 1,730 by 200 feet (527 x 61 m) with a turf surface.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 5,100 aircraft operations, an average of 13 per day: 98% general aviation and 2% military. At that time there were 51 aircraft based at this airport: 92% single-engine and 8% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 6D6 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Greenville Municipal (6D6) at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 6D6, effective August 17, 2017
- Resources for this airport: