Oscoda County Dennis Kauffman Memorial Airport
|Oscoda County Dennis Kauffman Memorial Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||1,050 ft / 320 m|
Oscoda County Dennis Kauffman Memorial Airport (FAA LID: 51M) is a county owned, public use airport in Oscoda County, Michigan, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Mio, Michigan. Formerly known as Oscoda County Airport, it was renamed in 2011 to honor Dennis Kauffman, who served on the Oscoda County Board of Commissioners for more than 20 years.
Facilities and aircraft
The airport covers an area of 80 acres (32 ha) at an elevation of 1,050 feet (320 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,000 by 75 feet (914 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2010, the airport had 300 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 25 per month. At that time there were five aircraft based at this airport, all single-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 51M ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "County to name airport after former commissioner". Oscoda County Herald. August 10, 2011.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Oscoda County Airport (51M)" (PDF). at Michigan Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1999 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: