Helen LaKelly Hunt
Helen LaKelly Hunt (born 1949) is a daughter of H. L. Hunt. She grew up in Dallas, Texas, where she graduated from the Hockaday School and Southern Methodist University. She also has a master's degree in clinical psychology and a Ph.D. in church history.
Life and career
She is founder and president of The Sister Fund, which describes itself as "a private women's fund dedicated to the social, political, economic, and spiritual empowerment of women and girls."
Helen LaKelly Hunt along with her husband developed Imago Relationship Therapy. Their son, Hunter Hunt-Hendrix, is the vocalist of the American black metal band Liturgy and their daughter, Leah Hunt-Hendrix, is an Occupy movement activist.
Current board member at The New York Women's Foundation.
Hunt has written several books on feminism, including Faith and Feminism: A Holy Alliance and And The Spirit Moved Them: The Lost Radical History of America's First Feminists.
She was also a contributor to the book Becoming Myself: Reflections on Growing Up Female.
Hunt has co-authored multiple books with her husband, including:
- Receiving Love: Transform Your Relationship by Letting Yourself Be Loved
- Getting the Love You Want Workbook: The New Couples' Study Guide
- Getting the Love You Want Audio Companion: The New Couples' Study Guide
- Receiving Love Workbook: A Unique Twelve-Week Course for Couples and Singles
- Making Marriage Simple: Ten Truths for Changing the Relationship You Have into the One You Want
- "Changing relationships from conflict to communication". katytrailweekly.com.
- "Hunt, Helen LaKelly - National Women's Hall of Fame". Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- Helen's Official Website
- Biography - at The Sister Fund's website
- short biography - at Imago A new Way to Love website
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a women's rights activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|