Ilica street is one of the longest streets in Zagreb, Croatia. The busy street is home to many shops and cultural sites and spans through most of the northwestern part of the city, from the Ban Jelačić Square in the city centre westward to the Vrapče district. The street is 5.66 km long, making it the third longest street in the city.
The name was first recorded in 1431, while the street itself retained its present shape at the end of the 18th century. In the 14th century, the street was known under the name Lončarska ves (archaic Croatian for "Potters' village", also Vicus lutifigulorum in Latin).
- 1 Ilica Street skyscraper 1 Ilica Street - The
- Croatian Bureau of Statistics 3 Ilica Street -
- First Croatian Savings Bank with Oktogon 5 Ilica Street - Palace of the
- Metropolitanate of Zagreb, Ljubljana and all Italy 7 Ilica Street -
- 12 Ilica Street - British Council in Zagreb
- 17 Ilica Street - The Tošo Dabac Archive
- 36 Ilica Street - Plavi telefon (Blue Phone), helpline for children and youth
- 48 Ilica Street - Democratic Centre party headquarters
- 85 Ilica Street - Zagreb Academy of Fine Arts
- 208 Ilica Street - EXIT Theater
- "Ulice koje zbunjuju poštare, spajaju parove i izluđuju susjede" (in Croatian). 20 July 2009. Retrieved 2017-04-24.
- Hawkesworth, Celia (2007). Zagreb: A Cultural and Literary History. Signal Books. p. 31. ISBN 9781904955306.
- Bilić, Josip; Ivanković, Hrvoje, eds. (2006). "Ilica". Zagrebački leksikon (in Croatian). Zagreb: Miroslav Krleža Institute of Lexicography and Masmedia. ISBN 953-157-486-3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilica Street.|
- "Ilica ili Lončarska ves". Vjesnik (in Croatian). 2007-02-03. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
|newspaper=(help), article about the history of Ilica street
- Špoljarić, Branimir (1998-12-15). "Iako ne i najduža, Ilica je ostala najvažnijom ulicom u Zagrebu". Vjesnik (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 2008-02-13. Retrieved 2008-07-26.
|This City of Zagreb geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|