Iraqi Airways destinations
Iraqi Airways Company, operating as Iraqi Airways is the national carrier of Iraq, headquartered in Baghdad One of the oldest airlines in the Middle East, Iraqi Airways operates 5 domestic and 10 international routes in Africa, Asia and Europe since having resumed operations in 2003, 7 others were suspended in between. The airline was said to have ceased operations on 26 May 2010, partly due to claims for compensation from Kuwait arising out of the First Gulf War, but continues to operate domestic and regional routes till today.
Iraqi Airways was founded in 1945 and is a member of the Arab Air Carriers Organization. They operated the first flight on 29 January 1946, ever since they expanded into a global airline covering a wide network of destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe, North and South America prior to the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war as well as the 1990 Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, ensuing sanctions brought the airline's services to a halt, random charters for Hajj were operated in defiance during the 90s.
The destination list shows airports that are served by Iraqi Airways as part of its regular scheduled passenger services. The list includes the city and country name; the airport codes of the International Air Transport Association (IATA airport code) and the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO airport code); the airport name; additionally, there are labels for airports that are the airline's base and terminated stations
- Arab Air Carriers Organization Archived 23 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Iraqi Airways Office in Baghdad." with its main base at Baghdad International Airport. Iraqi Airways. Retrieved on 6 March 2010.
- "Iraqi Airways Archived 23 October 2010 at the Wayback Machine.." Arab Air Carriers Organization. Retrieved on 19 October 2009.
- "baghdadairport". baghdadairport.
- Iraqi Airways schedule
- "1981: Iraqi Airways Network". airlineroute.net.
- "Iraqi Airways to launch first flight Baghdad-Yerevan-Erbil on February 26". armenpress.am. 26 February 2015.
- L, J (13 October 2015). "Iraqi Airways Adds New Routes to The Caucasus from Oct 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Viennaairport - Route News". viennaairport.com.
- "Iraqi Airways Manchester Operation Changes from April 2015". Airlineroute.net. 15 April 2015. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- Iraqi Airways banned from European Union airspace
- "Iraqi Airways open flight to Baku on 22 September". ABC.az. Fineko. 10 September 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "1985/86: Iraqi Airways Network". airlineroute.net.
- الخطوط الجوية العراقية. "الخطوط الجوية العراقية". ia.gov.iq.
- "Iraqi Airways Updates China Schedule from Sep 2014". 25 August 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2014.
- "Iraqi Airways". timetableimages.com.
- "Iraqi Airways eyes US debut in 2016". Ch-aviation. 20 November 2015. Retrieved 3 January 2016.
- "Iraqi Airways June – Sep 2012 New Services". airlineroute.net.
- "Iraqi Airways adds Kerman service from March 2017". Routesonline. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Index of /ttimages/complete/ia54". timetableimages.com.
- 1964 time table
- Iraqi Airways to resume flights to Kuwait
- "Malaysia Resumes Flights to Iraq after 25 Years". Iraq Business News.
- "The News International: Latest News Breaking, Pakistan News". The News International, Pakistan.
- Iraqi Airways resume Doha
- Iraqi Airways charter flights to Jeddah data at flightradar24
- ch-aviation listing Iraqi Airways routes in the European Union states
- Kiss site promoting new Gothenburg service by Iraqi Airways
- "Iraq Dinar - Iraqi Dinar - Iraq Stock Exchange - Dinar Revaluation and Speculation - Investors Iraq". investorsiraq.com.
- IRAQI AIRWAYS' FIRST FLIGHT TO ANTALYA / TURKEY. YouTube. 17 June 2013.