19 March 1964|
Trinity College, Cambridge
Cole Prize (2009)|
Clay Research Award (2007)
University of California, Santa Barbara
University of California, San Diego
|Doctoral advisor||Joe Harris|
McKernan was the joint winner of the Cole Prize in 2009, and joint recipient of the Clay Research Award in 2007. Both honors were received jointly with his colleague Christopher Hacon. He gave an invited talk at the International Congress of Mathematicians in 2010, on the topic of "Algebraic Geometry". He was the joint winner (with Christopher Hacon) of the 2018 Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics.
- "Christopher Hacon and James McKernan Receive 2009 AMS Cole Prize in Algebra". American Mathematical Society. 2009-01-06.
- "Mathematics Professor Receives Cole Prize". University of California, Santa Barbara. 2009-02-09.
- "Clay Research Award, 2007". Clay Mathematics Institute. Archived from the original on 2010-06-13.
- "ICM Plenary and Invited Speakers since 1897". International Congress of Mathematicians.
- Official website
- James McKernan at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Citation for 2009 Cole Prize in Algebra
- THe work of Hacon and McKernan
|This article about a United Kingdom mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|