|Founded||Sterling Heights, Michigan, 1978|
|Founder||Eugene and John Jetts|
|Headquarters||Sterling Heights, Michigan, United States|
|Revenue||US$ 268 million (2013)|
The first Jet's Pizza was opened in 1978 by brothers Eugene and John Jetts in Sterling Heights, Michigan. The original location was converted from a vacant party store into a restaurant. The Jetts later opened more locations and formed Jet's America Inc. with their cousins, Jim Galloway, Jr. and Jeff Galloway in 1992.
The first franchise location was opened in 1990. As of 2014, Jet's Pizza had 310 franchises and 24 company-owned locations in 19 states. It has restaurants located in Alabama, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
Jet's is known for its square deep-dish Detroit-style pizza, including the 8-corner pizza which the company has trademarked. When the store first opened, the square pizzas were a novelty in the region. The original recipe came from the Jetts' mother and hasn't changed since 1978.
- "About Jet's Pizza". Jet's Pizza. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Skid, Nathan (January 23, 2011). "Jet's Flight Path: From Homegrown Pizza to Becoming National Player". Crain's Detroit Business. Crain Communications, Inc. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Welch, Sherri (December 8, 2014). "Jet's Pizza Co-founder Eugene Jetts Jr. Dies at 60". Crain's Detroit Business. Crain Communications, Inc. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Jet's Pizza Franchise Information". Entrepreneur. Entrepreneur Media, Inc. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- "Store Locator". Jet's Pizza. Retrieved March 20, 2015.
- Young, Rob (April 17, 2013). "Michigan Transplant Jet's Pizza Offers Square Pies". Charleston Scene. The Post and Courier. Retrieved March 20, 2015.