|Member of the European Parliament|
|Assumed office |
1 July 2014
Jytte Gunlög Elisabeth Bengtsson Guteland
16 September 1979
Huddinge, Stockholm County, Sweden
|Political party|| Swedish|
Party of European Socialists
|Alma mater||University of Madrid|
Jytte Gunlög Elisabeth Bengtsson Guteland (born 16 September 1979) is a Swedish politician who has been serving as a Member of the European Parliament since 2014. She is a member of the Social Democrats, part of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats.
Early life and education
Guteland was a member of the national executive board of the Social Democratic Youth League from 2005 to 2007 with responsibility for the welfare issues. She was chairperson of the Social Democratic Youth League from 2007 to 2011. In 2011, she was mentioned as a possible candidate for the party leadership of the Social Democrats.
Guteland has also been a political advisor at the Ministry of Finance and at the Ministry of Education. In addition, she has worked as project manager for the Swedish think tank organization Global Challenge.
Guteland was elected to the European Parliament in the 2014 European Parliament election in Sweden. She has since been serving on the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. In this capacity, she was the Parliament’s rapporteur on measures to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050 (2020). In 2020, she also joined the Committee of Inquiry on the Protection of Animals during Transport.
In addition to her committee assignments, Guteland is a member of the Parliament’s delegation for relations with Iran. She also chairs the European Parliament Intergroup on the Western Sahara and serves as a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals and the European Parliament Intergroup on LGBT Rights.
- Karl Mathiesen and Kalina Oroschakoff (October 7, 2020), EU climate clash looms as Parliament backs ‘bloody hard’ emissions cuts Politico Europe.
- Members of the Committee of Inquiry on the Protection of Animals during Transport European Parliament, press release of July 9, 2020.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on Western Sahara.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on LGBTI Rights.
- Members of the Council European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR).