List of Pakistani political families
(Redirected from List of the political families of Pakistan)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a partial listing of prominent political families of Pakistan given in alphabetical order.
- 1 Babar
- 2 Badshah Khans
- 3 Bhuttos
- 4 Chaudhary Jatt
- 5 Gabol
- 6 Gujjars
- 7 Jadoon
- 8 Khar Jat
- 9 Khattaks
- 10 Khattar
- 11 Khokhars
- 12 Leghari
- 13 Marwats
- 14 Mazari
- 15 Mian Family of Baghbanpura
- 16 Mohmand
- 17 Myer Minhas Rajput
- 18 Noon family
- 19 Pirzadas
- 20 Qazi family
- 21 Rana
- 22 Rao
- 23 Sharif
- 24 Soomro
- 25 Tareen/Tarin
- 26 Zardari
- 27 Zia-ul-Haq
- 28 See also
- 29 References
- Khan Mohammad Abbas Khan (Former member of Indian National Congress, served as the Interim Mister for Industries, Freedom fighter and an Active Member of Pakistan Muslim League) (cousin of Haroon Khan Badshah)
- Haroon Khan Badshah (Member of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, ex-provincial Minister for Agriculture Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa)
- Shah Nawaz Bhutto - The Dewan of Junagadh and the Father of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto (Member Bombay Council).
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, son of Shah Nawaz (President (1970–1973); Prime Minister (1973–1977))
- Mumtaz Bhutto, cousin of Zulfikar, (chief of Bhutto tribe, former chief minister and Governor of Sindh, Federal Minister of Pakistan)
- Nusrat Bhutto, wife of Zulfikar (former minister without portfolio)
- Benazir Bhutto, daughter of Zulfikar (Prime Minister, 1988–1990 and 1993–1996), assassinated December 27, 2007.
- Murtaza Bhutto, elder son of former Prime Minister of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and the brother of former Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto. He was usually known as Murtaza Bhutto and was assassinated under mysterious circumstances.
- Shahnawaz Bhutto, Shahnawaz was studying in Switzerland when Zia ul Haq's military regime executed his father in 1979. Prior to the execution On July 18, 1985, the 27-year-old Shahnawaz was found dead in Nice, France. He died under mysterious circumstances.
- Ameer Bux Bhutto, currently Vice President of Sindh National Front and also ex-Member of Sindh Assembly. He is son of Mumtaz Bhutto.
- Fatima Bhutto, Fatima was born in Kabul, Afghanistan while her father Murtaza Bhutto was in exile during the military regime of General Zia ul Haq. Murtaza Bhutto, was son of former Pakistan's President and Prime Minister, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, son of Benazir Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari, party chairman.
- Ch Muhammad Saqlain (He was elected for the third term as Member, Provincial Assembly of the Punjab in general elections 2008 independently. Former MPA is now PTI's candidate for the constituency NA-66 Jhelum-I).
- Chaudhry Zahoor Elahi (A parliamentarian who played a major role in restoration of democracy and human rights in Pakistan)
- Chaudhry Shujat Hussain (Prime Minister of Pakistan - 2004)
- Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi (Chief Minister of Punjab - October - 2002 to October 2007)
- Moonis Elahi (Son of Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, Member of Punjab Assembly)
- Chaudhry Wajahat Hussain, Former Federal Minister of Human Resources
- Nadeem Afzal Chan, EX MNA Chairman Public accounts committee
- Chaudhry Hussain Elahi, Upcoming MNA
- Allah Bakhsh Gabol, Member Bombay Legislative Assembly 1928, Member Sindh Legislative Assembly 1937 and Mayor of Karachi for two terms.
- Nabil Gabol (Grandson of Khan Bahadur Allah Bakhsh and son of Ahmed Khan Gabol), Member Sindh Assembly 1988, 1993, 1997; Member National Assembly 2002, 2008 and Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping.
- Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry Ex-President of Pakistan
- Chaudhry Muhammad Ali fourth Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Chaudhry Muhammad Jaffar Iqbal Senior Vice-President of PML-N.
- Qamar Zaman Kaira Ex-Governor of Gilgit-Baltistan and Minister of Information.
- Tanveer Ashraf Kaira Ex-Minister of Finance and General Secretary of PPP Punjab.
- Shafqat Mehmood Ex-Minister of Information and Petroleum.
- Chaudhry Zaka Ashraf Ex-Chairman Pakistan Cricket Board and the owner of ZTBL.
- Malik Abrar Ahmad MNA chairman PHA.
- Sardar Muhammad Yousuf Religious ministor.
- Muhammad Shaukat Public Service in Pakistan.
- Iqbal Khan Jadoon, Former Chief Minister, NWFP
- Amanullah Khan Jadoon, Former Minister of Petroleum and Gas
- Ghulam Mustafa Khar
- Ghulam Noor Rabbani Khar
- Hina Rabbani Khar, First Female Foreign Minister Of Pakistan.
- Habibullah Khan Khattak
- Ali Kuli Khan Khattak, military general
- Ghulam Faruque Khan
- Nasrullah Khan Khattak
- Ajmal Khattak
- Afrasiab khattak
- Parvez Khattak
- Nawab Muhammad Hayat Khan CSI, early member of the Punjab legislature in the 19th c
- Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan, KBE, Premier/CM of the Punjab 1937-1942.
- Sir Liaqat Hayat Khan, KCSI, Prime Minister of Patiala state in British India.
- Sardar Shaukat Hayat Khan, senior political figure and close associate of MA Jinnah.
- HE Izzet Hayat Khan, former Pakistani ambassador to Tunisia
- Ghulam Sarwar Khan,Minister of Petroleum and (Member National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Tahir Sadiq Khan,(Member National Assembly of Pakistan) and former district nazim Attock
- Muhammad Zain Elahi,Former (Member National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Ghazanfar Ali Khan - Former Minister of Food, Agriculture and Health, Ambassador to Iran 1948-1952, to Turkey 1952-1953, to India 1954-1956 and to Italy 1956-1957.
- Riaz Khokhar (Former Foreign Secretary of Pakistan serving from June 2002 to February 2005)
- M. Nawaz Khokhar (Former Deputy Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Malik Ahmad Khan Bhachar (Member Provisional Assembly of Punjab)
- Afzal Khokhar (Member National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Malik Saif ul Malook Khokhar (Member National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Malik Muhammad Ali Khokhar (Member Provisional Assembly of Punjab)
- Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar (Member Senate of Pakistan)
- Karam Elahi Bandial (Member Provisional Assembly of Punjab)
- Malik Ali Abbas Khokhar (Member Provisional Assembly of Punjab)
- Malik Karamat Khokhar (Member National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Farooq Leghari (ex President of Pakistan)
- Awais Leghari (MPA, MNA, Federal Minister)
- Rafique Haider Khan Leghari (MPA Punjab, Minister, Chairman District Council RY Khan)
- Habibullah Khan Marwat, Justice of the West Pakistan High Court, first & second Chairman of the Senate of Pakistan, acting President of Pakistan, when the President Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry went abroad, Pakistan's Interior Minister and also Chief Minister of West Pakistan. Was elected to the first ever Legislative Council of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (then North-West Frontier Province NWFP), first as a member and later Deputy Speaker.
- Shah Nawaz Khan, ex-Chief Justice of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Judge of the Supreme Court of Pakistan. He was also Governor of NWFP.
Saifullah Khan family
- Begum Kulsum Saifullah Khan, member of Majlis-Shoora of General Zia-ul-Haq
- Salim Saifullah Khan, Senator of Pakistan, President Pakistan Muslim League
- Anwar Saifullah Khan, MPA, Senator, and former federal minister, and son-in-law of President Ghulam Ishaq Khan.
- Humayun Saifullah Khan, MNA.
- Balakh Sher Mazari (former Prime Minister of Pakistan, current Chief of the Mazari tribe)
- Sherbaz Mazari (former Leader of the Opposition in the Pakistan National Assembly)
- Shaukat Hussein Mazari (Former MPA, Punjab Assembly, former Deputy-Speaker Punjab Assembly)
- Sardar Saleem Jan Mazari (Former MNA, former Provincial Minister from Sindh and former district Nazim Kashmore)
- Shireen Mazari (MNA and information secretary PTI)
Mian Family of Baghbanpura
- Justice Mian Shah Din, (1868–1918), Elected President of the All-India Muslim League(March 1908), Member of the Simla Deputation in 1906, First Muslim Judge in British India, Poet and Writer.
- Sir Mian Mohammad Shafi, KCSI, CIE (1869–1932), one of the founding fathers & President All India Muslim league (Punjab)
- Justice Sir Mian Abdul Rashid (29 June 1889 – 6 November 1981), Kt, KCSI, was the first Chief Justice of Pakistan 1947, legal philosopher, one of the founding fathers of Pakistan
- Mian Sir Muhammad Shah Nawaz, A Prominent Politician of Punjab in the 1920s
- Mian Iftikharuddin ,(A Prominent Politician, owner of Pakistan Times and Daily Imroz, 1947–1962)
- Begum Jahanara Shahnawaz (1896–1979) was a politician in Pakistan, first woman to preside over an Asian legislature. Also she was invited by British for Round Table Conference at 1930 along with Radhabai Subbarayan, Founder All India Women Muslim League in 1935
- Mumtaz Shahnawaz (1912-1948) - young woman political activist and author, who died in a tragic plane crash at the age of 35
Myer Minhas Rajput
- Muhammed Akbar Khan, Pakistan's first four star general
- Iftikhar Khan, Pakistan's first designated army chief
- Iffat Liaqat Ali Khan, Federal Minister, Ex- Chairman Task Force Pakistan
- Sher Ali Khan, Minister Minerals and Mines Punjab
- Raja Riaz Ahmad Khan, Ex-Senior Minister Punjab
- Feroz Khan Noon (former Prime Minister of Pakistan, former Foreign Minister of Pakistan, former Chief Minister of Punjab)
- Malik Adnan Hayat Noon (former MNA)
- Malik Anwar Ali Noon (former MNA)
- Malik Amjad Ali Noon (former District Nazim)
- Viqar un Nisa Noon (former Federal Minister as well as a prominent social worker)
- Syed Sharifuddin Pirzada, senior advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan and architect of the Constitution of Pakistan.
- Abdul Hafiz Pirzada, senior advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan and legal counsel of the Bhutto family.
- Qazi Abdul Majeed Abid (Qazi Abid), a four-time Federal Minister, Sindh Provincial Minister, and son of Qazi Abdul Qayyum
- Fahmida Mirza, current Speaker of the National Assembly, former Acting President of Pakistan, three-time Member of the National Assembly, and daughter of Qazi Abid
- Zulfiqar Mirza, current Sindh Provincial Home Minister, former Member of the National Assembly, and nephew of Qazi Abid, Qazi Azam, and Qazi Akbar.
- Pir Mazhar Ul Haq, current Senior Minister and Education Minister in the Sindh Provincial Cabinet, a three-time Sindh Provincial Minister, and grandson of Qazi Muhammad Akbar
- Marvi Mazhar, a former Member of the Provincial Assembly in Sindh and daughter of Pir Mazhar Ul Haq.
- Rana Abdul Rauf, MPA District Bahawal Nagar
- Rana Mashood Ahmad Khan, Deputy Speaker of the Fourteenth Provincial Assembly of the Punjab in Pakistan
- Rana Muhammad Iqbal Khan, 16 th Speaker of the Provincial Assembly of the Punjab, Acting Governor of Punjab in 2011.
- Rana Muhammad Afzal
- Rana Phool Muhammad Khan, Ex Minister of agriculture, Ministry of Health, Law Minister of Pakistan, Care-taker Chief Minister of Punjab
- Rana Sanaullah Khan, Twice Law Minister of Pakistan
- Rana Tanveer Hussain, (Member of National Assembly) (Ex.Federal Minister)
- Rao Mohammad Hashim Khan, Member of National Assembly, ex-Chairman Public Accounts Committee
- Rao Muhammad Ajmal Khan, Member of National Assembly
- Rao Sikandar Iqbal, Ex-Federal Minister
- Rao Qaiser Ali Khan, Ex-MNA
- Rao Muhammad Afzal Khan, MPA from Sahiwal District Tehsil Depalpur
- Rao Jamil Akhtar Khan, Tehsil Nazim Okara
- Rao Farman Ali Pakistan Army
- Rao Qamar Suleman Pakistan Air Force
- Nawaz Sharif, Ex Prime Minister of Pakistan(exile from country by gen. Musharaf in 1999 thru Martial Law)
- Shahbaz Sharif, Chief Minister of Punjab (exile from country by gen. Musharaf in 1999 thru Martial Law)
- Hamza Shahbaz Sharif, Son of Shahbaz Shareef, (Member of National Assembly of Pakistan)
- Hussain Nawaz son of Nawaz Sharif (Prime Minister of Pakistan)
- Maryam Nawaz, daughter of Nawaz Sharif and wife Rtd. Captain Safdar
- Khan Bahadur Allah Bux Soomro, Twice Chief Minister of Sindh
- Elahi Bux Soomro, remained Member of National Assembly of Pakistan, Speaker National Assembly of Pakistan, Federal Minister
- Rahim Bux Soomro, Minister Sindh
- Mohammad Mian Soomro, remained President of Pakistan, Prime Minister of Pakistan, Senate of Pakistan and Governor of Sindh
- Abdul Majid Khan Tarin, OBE, senior Muslim League figure.
- Ayub Khan, ex military dictator, second President of Pakistan (1958 – 1969)
- Begum Mahmooda Salim Khan, first female minister in the history of Pakistan
- Sardar Bahadur Khan, ex CM and minister
- Gohar Ayub Khan, former Speaker of the National Assembly and ex Foreign Minister
- Omar Ayub Khan, ex Minister of State for Finance
- Jehangir Khan Tareen, ex minister and political leader of the PTI party
- Shaukat Tarin, ex Federal Minister for Finance
- Yousuf Ayub Khan, politician and businessman
- Hakim Ali Zardari, the patriarch of Zardari family.
- Asif Ali Zardari, son of Hakim Ali Zardari and husband of Benazir Bhutto, President of Pakistan
- Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, son of Asif Ali Zardari and Benazir Bhutto, Chairman Pakistan Peoples Party(see also Bhutto family above)
- Azra Peechoho, daughter of Hakim Ali Zardari
- Faryal Talpur, daughter of Hakim Ali Zardari, Former Nazima Nawabshah District, MNA
- Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq (President of Pakistan, 1978–1988)
- Muhammad Ijaz-ul-Haq (Member of the National Assembly)