|Public limited company|
|Traded as||LSE: ITRK|
FTSE 100 Component
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|David Reid (Chairman)|
André Lacroix (CEO)
|Revenue||£2,769.1 million (2017)|
|£467.7 million (2017)|
|£306.4 million (2017)|
Number of employees
Intertek Group plc is a multinational assurance, inspection, product testing and certification company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Intertek can trace its origins from a marine surveying business formed by Caleb Brett in the 1890s, a testing laboratory formed by Milton Hersey in Montreal in 1888 and a lamp testing centre established by Thomas Edison in 1896. These businesses were all acquired by Inchcape during the 1980s and early 1990s. In 1996 Inchcape Testing Services was acquired by Charterhouse Development Capital and was renamed Intertek. The Company was divested by Charterhouse in 2002 when the business was first listed on the London Stock Exchange. In April 2010, Intertek acquired Ciba Expert Services’ Environmental, Safety, & Testing and Regulatory businesses, including Cantox Health Sciences (Cantox) and Ashuren Health Sciences (Ashuren). Intertek acquired Moody International in March 2011.
The organisation has more than 42,000 employees across 100 countries in over 1,000 locations. Notably, the company has large-scaled offices and testing facilities in places such as New York City, London and Hong Kong.  Centered around its testing services carried out in laboratories, the group provides quality and safety assurance to industries such as construction, healthcare, food and transportation. Some examples of products on which testing is done are batteries, accessories, apparel and chemicals.
The company is the largest tester of consumer goods in the world and has a network of more than 1,000 laboratories across around 100 countries.
- "Annual Results 2017". Intertek. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "About us". Intertek. Retrieved 9 March 2018.
- "History". Intertek. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "False data charges threaten Intertek flotation". The Independent. 22 September 2000. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Intertek Buys Ciba Expert Services Division". Presswire. 7 April 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Intertek buys Moody International for £450m". The Telegraph. 8 March 2011. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "About Us". www.intertek.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- "Industries". www.intertek.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- "Directorate Change: André Lacroix to become Chief Executive in May 2015" (Press release). Intertek Group plc. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Treanor, Jill (15 May 2015). "Incoming Intertek chief forgoes bonus after shareholder backlash". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media Limited. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Armitstead, Louise (23 April 2009). "Intertek shares soar on speculation of bid from Swiss rival SGS". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 August 2010.