Muse Bihi Abdi
Musa Bihi Abdi
موسى بيحي عبدي
|5th President of Somaliland|
|Assumed office |
13 December 2017
|Vice President||Abdirahman Saylici|
|Preceded by||Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud|
|Born||1948 (age 69–70)|
Hargeisa, British Somaliland
|Spouse(s)||Zahra Abdilahi Absia |
Roda Ahmed Omar
|Alma mater||Gagarin Air Force Academy|
United States Military Academy
University of Hargeisa
Musa Bihi Abdi (Somali: Muuse Bixi Cabdi, Arabic: موسى بيحي عبدي) (born 1948 in Hargeisa, British Somaliland) is a Somaliland politician and former military officer who has been President of Somaliland since December 2017. During the 1970s, he served as a pilot in the Somali Air Force under the Siad Barre administration. In 2010, Bihi was appointed the Chairman of the ruling Kulmiye in the Republic of Somaliland. In November 2015, Bihi was selected as the party's Presidential Candidate at the 5th annual central committee convention. 
In 1985, he defected from the Somali Army and joined the rebel Somali National Movement (SNM) that eventually helped to successfully oust the Somali dictator’s regime after a long armed struggle in 1991.
From 1985 to 1988 Bihi took part in conducting intensive guerrilla war operations conducted by the SNM against the Siad Barre regime. Until 1990, Bihi served as rebel commander before joining politics and serving as home affairs minister under the late President Muhammad Haji Ibrahim Egal in 1992.
After the rebirth and declaration of Independence of Somaliland in 1991, Col. Muse Bihi Abdi played a vital role in the reconciliation process of the Somaliland clans in Burao, Berbera, Sheekh and Borama.
In 2010, Mr Bihi became the chairman of Somaliland’s Kulmiye Party. In 2015, Bihi was elected by the Party Congress as the Kulmiye presidential candidate in the forthcoming elections of 2017 presidential election.
2017 presidential election
Muse Bihi Abdi was officially inaugurated as the 5th President of the Republic of Somaliland on December 13, 2017 in the capital Hargeisa with dignitaries from Ethiopia, Djibouti, the European Union and the United Kingdom in attendance.
- Olad, Mohamed (21 November 2017). "Somaliland Ruling Party Candidate Bihi Wins Election". Voanews.com. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Somalia: Wrangle splits Somaliland Ruling Party as President Siilaanyo seeks re-election". allafrica.com. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Muse Bihi and Saylici Elected as Kulmiye's Presidential Candidate". galgalanews.com. 11 November 2015. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- Olad, Mohamed. "Somaliland Ruling Party Candidate Bihi Wins Election". VOA. Retrieved 2018-06-10.
- Kulmiye Party (2017-09-20), Murrashax Muuse Biixi: Waraysi 24 Sanno ka hor lagaga qaaday Boorama iyo damaciisii Somaliland, retrieved 2018-06-10
Ahmed Mohamed Mohamoud
| President of Somaliland
|This Somaliland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|