This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||April 1, 1998 (as NHK World TV)
July 23, 2006 to December 6, 2009 (current format)
|Picture format||480i 16:9 (SDTV)
|Slogan||NHK World TV From Japan, Your Eye on Asia-NHK World TV|
NHK General TV
|KBTC (Seattle)||Channel 28.2|
|KCET (Los Angeles)||Channel 28.4|
|KHET (Honolulu)||Channel 11.2|
|KRCB (San Francisco)||Channel 22.3|
|WNVC (Washington)||Channel 30.2|
|WRNN (New York)||Channel 48.5|
|WTVI (Charlotte)||Channel 42.2|
|WYBE (Philadelphia)||Channel 35.2|
|WYIN (Chicago)||Channel 56.2|
|Block Distribution||Check Your Local Listings|
|Foxtel (Australia)||Channel 656|
|GVT (Brazil)||Channel 140|
|Sky Brasil||Channel 114|
|DD Direct+ (India)||45|
|Zing Digital (India)||Channel 867|
|Indovision (Indonesia)||Channel 355|
|DirecTV (Latin America)||Channel 782
(pay per view)
|SKY México||Channel 283|
|Cignal Digital TV (Philippines)||Channel 83|
|G Sat (Philippines)||Channel 32|
|Digital+ (Spain)||Channel 574|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 1|
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 171|
|Sky (U.K. & Ireland)||Channel 507|
|Freesat (U.K.)||Channel 209|
|Globecast (Optus D2 152°E) (Australia & New Zealand)||12546 V 22500 3/4|
|AsiaSat 3S (Asia)||3880 H 27500 3/4|
|Astra 19.2 (Europe)||11,509 V 22000 5/6|
|Intelsat 19 (166°E)||4060 H 26590 1/2 (DVB-S QPSK)|
|Intelsat 20 (68.5°E)||3739 H 26590 1/2 (DVB-S QPSK)|
|Intelsat 21 (58.0°W)||4040 H 26590 1/2 (DVB-S QPSK)|
|SES-3 (103.0°W)||11940 V 20000 3/4|
|OSN (Middle East & North Africa)||Channel 428|
|TVB Network Vision (Hong Kong)||Channel 95|
|Nilesat (7.0°W)||12015 H 27500 5/6|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 541|
|Bright House (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|Bukidnon Z5 Cable (Philippines)||Channel 59|
|Cable TV Hong Kong||Channel 154|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 69|
|Cablevision (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|Charter (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|Claro TV (Chile)||Channel 532|
|Comcast (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|Cox (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|Destiny Cable (Philippines)||Channel 131|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 341|
|Foxtel (Australia)||Channel 656|
|GTD Manquehue (Chile)||Channel 825|
|Minneapolis Public Schools (U.S.)||Channel 78|
|Onlime (Russia)||Channel 96|
|Parasat Cable TV (Philippines)||Channel 315|
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 131|
|Skylife (Korea)||Channel 97|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 812|
|Time Warner (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|AT&T U-verse (U.S.)||Channel 1221|
|HyppTV (Malaysia)||Channel 414|
|Now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 328|
|PTCL Smart TV (Pakistan)||Channel 106|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 157|
|Verizon Fios (U.S.)||Check Your Local Listings|
|myTV Super (Hong Kong)||Channel 707|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Virgin TV Anywhere||Watch live (UK only)|
|tonton||Watch live (Malaysia only)|
|Hotstar|| (India only)|
NHK World is the international broadcasting service of NHK (Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai - Japan Broadcasting Corporation), Japan's public broadcaster. The service is aimed at the overseas market, similar to BBC World News, DW, France 24 and RT, and broadcast through satellite and cable operators throughout the world as well as online and through its mobile apps. The channel is based in Tokyo, Japan.
NHK World provides three services: NHK World Radio Japan, NHK World TV, and NHK World Premium. NHK World also makes most of its programming available through an online version of the television channel.
NHK World Television
NHK commenced international TV broadcasting services for North America and Europe in 1995. On April 1, 1998, NHK World Television started broadcasting. NHK World Television is a news and information channel that broadcasts internationally via satellite and cable TV. Programming is broadcast in English. It began as a news channel in February 2009 using the traditional NHK World logo in their own digital on-screen graphic (DOG). Previously, NHK World TV used the traditional "3 Eggs" logo of NHK. The NHK World DOG in the news program, Newsline, is on the bottom left corner of the television screen. In other programming, the DOG is moved to the top left corner of the television screen. Some of the shows are produced by production studio JIB TV which is 60% owned by NHK with the remaining 40% owned by private investors like Microsoft and Japanese bank Mizuho. The NHK World DOG is not used at all when shows produced by JIB TV are aired.
NHK World TV free-to-air broadcasts have been available in high definition by satellite since 2009 and NHK World TV HD currently broadcasts from 105.5°E, 68.5°E, Astra 28.2°E, Astra 19.2°E, 58°W, and 99°W. 
NHK World Premium
NHK World Premium Television broadcasts a mixture of news, sports and entertainment in Japanese worldwide via satellite as a subscription service. In Europe this service is broadcast under the name JSTV and in the US it is known as TV Japan. The programmes generally do not carry English subtitles.
Programmes on the channel include:
- Cool Japan: Hosted by Shoji Kokami and Risa Stegmayer; some aspects of Japanese customs are considered "cool" by foreigners. Cool Japan is a television show that illustrates the quickly changing Japanese culture and how it is perceived by the international community that have recently made Japan their home.
- J-Melo: A music programme hosted by May J., featuring the latest developments in Japanese music, selections of hit songs, and diverse material from a wide range of different music genres - pop, rock, jazz and classical.
- NHK Newsline: A news programme with updates every hour, covering world events and business-related news, as well as providing global weather forecasts.
- Somewhere Street: A travel program which explores a different city each episode, from a tourist's perspective walking through a city.
- Begin Japanology: A Japanese culture and lifestyle television show.
NHK World Radio Japan (RJ) broadcasts news, information, and entertainment programs focusing on Japan and Asia, for a daily total of 65 hours of broadcasts. Radio Japan provides two services:
- General Service broadcasts worldwide in Japanese and English
- Regional Service broadcasts to specific geographical zones in 17 languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Thai, Urdu, and Vietnamese. Both services are available on shortwave (SW) as well as online.
RJ SW relay stations
RJ runs a domestic SW relay station
RJ also leases or owns several external relay stations.
- United Kingdom - BBC
- Ascension Island - BBC relay station
- Sri Lanka- AIR VBS
- Singapore - BBC relay station
- India - AIR
- Canada - Radio Canada International
- Bonaire Island - Radio Netherlands
- French Guiana - Radio France Internationale
NHK World programs and content are available online.
- NHK World - Online news and live HQ stream of NHK World TV
- Radio Japan - live streams, podcasts and archive programming
- Japanese Lessons - Re-edited versions of Basic Japanese for You and Brush Up Your Japanese.
Only a limited number of programs are available online for free.
- Television in Japan
- External program hours - Comparison with some other external radio broadcasters
- International broadcasting in Japan
- Int'l After School
- International broadcasting
- Al Jazeera
- France 24
- Press TV
- Corporate media