|Developer(s)||Microsoft, .NET Foundation|
|Initial release||5 October 2010|
|Stable release||3.0.0 / 20 July 2015|
|Type||Package management system|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
NuGet is a free and open-source package manager for the Microsoft development platform (formerly known as NuPack). Since its introduction in 2010, NuGet has evolved into a larger ecosystem of tools and services.
NuGet is distributed as a Visual Studio extension. Starting with Visual Studio 2012, NuGet comes preinstalled by default. NuGet is also integrated with SharpDevelop. NuGet can also be used from the command line and automated via scripts.
It supports multiple programming languages, including:
- .NET Framework packages.
- Native packages written in C++, with package creation aided by CoApp or OneGet.
- NuGet 3.0.0 Release Notes
- Haack, Phil. "NuGet".
- Haack, Phil (21 October 2010). "Changing the NuPack Project Name". OuterCurve Foundation. Retrieved 2010-11-06.
- An Overview of the NuGet Ecosystem. CodeProject (2013-08-18). Retrieved on 2015-02-06.
- "NuGet for C++". 26 April 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
|This installation software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This programming language–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|