Piero Lardi Ferrari
|Born||22 May 1945|
Castelvetro di Modena, Italy
|Occupation||Vice chairman of Ferrari|
Chairman of HPE COXA
|Net worth||US$3.0 billion (September 2018)|
|Board member of||Ferrari|
Piero Lardi Ferrari (born 22 May 1945) is an Italian billionaire businessman, the second and only living son of Enzo Ferrari, and a 10% owner of the Ferrari automotive company of which he is the vice chairman. He is also owner of the Ferretti Group with 13.2% of shares.
His mother was Enzo's mistress, Lina Lardi. As divorce was illegal in Italy until 1975, he could not be acknowledged as a Ferrari family member until the death of Enzo's wife, Laura, in 1978. His legitimate half-brother, Dino, died in 1956 of muscular dystrophy.
Piero Ferrari obtained a degree in engineering at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia. In the mid-1970s he started working for Ferrari, first as an English translator for his father, and then as supervisor of the production of road cars and co-organiser of the racing department. In 1988, when Enzo Ferrari died, as he was the sole heir of the Ferrari family, he was nominated vice chairman.
Ferrari is the chairman of HPE COXA, a company he founded in 1998 with the aim of providing high end engineering services in the mechanical field. In 2009 HPE acquired COXA, a manufacturing firm founded in 1985 and specialized in the high precision manufacturing of niche volumes and prototypes.
Following Ferrari's IPO on 21 October 2015, his 10% stake was valued at US$1.1 billion.
In May 2017 he was ranked by Forbes at number 1151 in the world's billionaires list with a net worth of $1.95 billion.
In March 2018 he was ranked by Forbes at number 887 in the world's billionaires list with a net worth of $2.7 billion.
He is married to Floriana Nalin and has a daughter and two grandchildren. He lives in Modena in his father's old residence.
- "Piero Ferrari". Forbes. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- "Enzo Ferrari - Biography on Bio". thebiographychannel.co.uk. Archived from the original on 18 January 2015.
- Allievi Pino. "Si è spenta a 95 anni Lina Lardi il grande amore di Enzo Ferrari". gazzetta.it (in Italian).
- "Piero FERRARI" (in Italian). Federazione Nazionale Cavalieri del Lavoro. Archived from the original on 13 May 2006. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Neate, Rupert (21 October 2015). "Ferrari IPO gets off to racing start on Wall Street". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Ferrari family invests in Ferretti Group". SuperYacht Times. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Pritchard, Anthony (2009). Ferrari: Men from Maranello. Haynes Publishing. p. 100. ISBN 978-1-84425-414-9.
|Awards and achievements|
| Lorenzo Bandini Trophy
|This biographical article related to Italian auto racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This business-related Italian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Formula One biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|