Ramoji Film City
Entrance to Ramoji Film City
|Privately held company|
|Ramoji Rao, Founder, Ramoji Group|
The Ramoji Film City in India is located in Hyderabad. Spread over 2000 acres, it is the largest integrated film city in Telangana and has been certified by the Guinness World Records as the largest studio complex in the world. It was built by Telugu film producer Ramoji Rao in 1996.
The film city is the brainchild of film producer Ramoji Rao, who wanted to build a studio similar to the ones in Hollywood. On procuring the land, he signed famous art director Nitish Roy to design the complex. According to an executive, the builders kept the land, which at that time consisted of jungles and mountainous terrain, intact, without removing one tree or mountain.
The studio has a central kitchen for the various film units shooting at any given point in time.
A few years after it was built, it was thrown open to the public, who can visit the film sets, theme parks, amusement rides, etc.. The film city also has two hotels inside it, 47 sound stages, and permanent sets ranging from railway stations to temples.
- Telugu Cinema
- Prayag Film City
- Noida Film City
- Film City
- Film and Television Institute of India
- State Institute of Film and Television
- Guinness World Records
- Nathan, Archana (6 February 2018). "At Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad, everything is about show business (and not just for filmmakers)". Retrieved 1 May 2018.
- "Largest film studio". Guinness World Records.
- "Ramoji Film City - India's Only Thematic Holiday Destination". www.ramojifilmcity.com. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- Md A Basith, TNN, 6 July 2006, 02.19am IST (6 July 2006). "Ramoji Film City may lose land to ORR - Hyderabad - City - The Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 September 2010.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Guinness World Records certifies Ramoji Film City as the World's Largest Film Studio Complex". Ramoji Film City. Archived from the original on 2 April 2008. Retrieved 8 April 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ramoji Film City.|