|• Hokkien||òr lài|
|District||Northeast Penang Island|
|• Local government||Penang Island City Council|
|• Mayor of Penang Island||Yew Tung Seang|
|• Paya Terubong State Assemblyman||Yeoh Soon Hin (DAP)|
|• Bukit Gelugor Member of Parliament||Ramkarpal Singh (DAP)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||Not observed|
One of the major landmarks in Relau is the abandoned Chung Thye Phin Villa, which was formerly the summer residence of Chung Thye Phin, a local tycoon. Chung, the fourth son of Chung Keng Quee, served as the last Chinese Kapitan of Perak and by the time of his passing in 1935, was said to be the wealthiest man on Penang Island.
For much of its history, Relau was an agricultural area, until its eventual development into a housing estate in the 1980s.
There are two primary schools and an international school within the neighbourhood of Relau.
The Relau City Sports Complex, launched in 2017, is the first GBI-certified sports complex in Penang. The 8,785 m2 (94,560 sq ft) sports complex is equipped with swimming and diving pools, badminton courts, a gymnasium and a dry gym, as well as bicycle parking bays.
Opened in 2003, the Relau Metropolitan Park is the second largest recreational park within Penang Island. Managed by the Penang Island City Council, the park was launched to cater to residents within the southern part of the island, as there had been a lack of recreational amenities within the area in the past.
- "EdgeProp.my". www.edgeprop.my. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Penang Heritage Trust". www.pht.org.my. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- The Straits Times, 31 March 1935, Page 1, National Library of Singapore microfilm reel NL2360
- "Jalan Paya Terubong under purview of Federal Govt". www.thesundaily.my. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "SK SERI RELAU - PULAU PINANG - Carian Sekolah Malaysia". www.sekolahmy.com (in Malay). Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "SJK (C) MIN SIN 槟城明新学校". SJK (C) MIN SIN 槟城明新学校. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Fairview Penang". Fairview International School. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
- "Boosting the talent pool - Metro News | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Taman Awam Metropolitan Relau". Time Out Penang. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Park with lots to offer - Metro News | The Star Online". www.thestar.com.my. Retrieved 2018-01-06.