Reliance Life Insurance
|Private limited company|
|Founded||14 May 2001|
|Headquarters||DAKC, Navi Mumbai, India|
|Anil Ambani |
|Products||Individual and Group Insurance Plans|
|Total assets||₹150 billion (US$2.1 billion)|
Reliance Nippon Life Insurance Company (RNLI) is one of the life insurance companies in India. The firm offers life insurance products targeted at individuals and groups, catering to four distinct segments: protection, children, retirement and investment plans.
|2001||AMP Sanmar Life Insurance Company was formed|
|2002||AMP gets IRDA approval to commence business|
|2005||Reliance Life Insurance takes over AMP Sanmar|
|2006||Name changed to Reliance Life Insurance Co. Ltd.|
|2007||ISO 9001:2000 Certification|
|2008||Becomes 4th largest private insurer|
|2010||Becomes the largest private insurer in number of policies|
|2011||Nippon Life signs definitive agreement to acquire 26% of the company.|
|2016||Nippon acquires 49% stake in Reliance Life Insurance Company|
As of 31 March 2013, the Total Premium (net of re-insurance) was Rs. 40.15 billion, whereas new business premium stood at Rs. 13.77 billion. The company achieved a profit of Rs. 3.80 billion. The company sold 760,000 policies during 2012–13 with total managed funds valuing to Rs. 181.89 billion, through a wide network of distribution with 1,230 offices and over 124,000 advisors.
Rated amongst the Top 3 Most Trusted Service Brands in the Insurance Category,.
- "Reliance Life Insurance assets cross Rs 15,000 crore". Hindustan Times. 23 August 2010. Archived from the original on 1 November 2010. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 February 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Reliance Capital completes MF stake sale to Nippon Life". Business Standard. 17 August 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Nippon Life to buy 26% in Reliance Life". Thehindu.com. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "About reliance life insurance". Slideshare.net. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- "Reliance Capital Limited : Reliance Capital announces results for year ended March 31, 2013". 4-traders.com. Retrieved 29 July 2018.
- Chamikutty, Preethi (28 September 2011). "Most Trusted Brands 2011: LIC retains number 1 spot in life insurance category". The Economic Times. Retrieved 29 July 2018.