Serang railway station
|Motto: Kota Serang Madani (Self-reliant Serang)|
|Established||2 November 2007|
|• Mayor||Tubagus Haerul Jaman|
|• Total||267 km2 (103 sq mi)|
|Elevation||39 m (128 ft)|
|• Density||2,400/km2 (6,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
|Area code(s)||+62 254|
Serang municipality (Indonesian: Kota Serang) is the capital of Banten province and was formerly also the administrative center of Serang Regency in Indonesia (the Regency's capital is now at Baros). The city is located towards the north of Banten province. Before Banten province was formed in 2000 Serang was part of West Java province.
Serang was reported as having a population of 576,961 in the 2010 census, making it the third most populous city in the province of Banten. The latest official population estimate (for January 2014) is 643,101. Serang is located approximately 15 km from the border of Jabodetabek and sometimes considered as amalgamated with the Greater Jakarta.
Serang was formerly a part of Serang Regency. On 2 November 2007, the status of Serang was changed into a municipality (kota madya) independent of the Regency.
- Curug (47,308)
- Walantaka (75,672)
- Cipocok Jaya (80,930)
- Serang (208,017)
- Taktakan (78,184)
- Kasemen (87,674)
The emblem of Serang consists of
- A hexagon with an image of the gerbang Kaibon and a star.
- The streamer at the foot of the emblem contains the motto of Serang city, Kota Serang Madani ("Self-reliant Serang").
- according to Law UU No. 32/2007
- Biro Pusat Statistik, Jakarta, 2011.
- Daftar Kecamatan Keluarahan Desa dan Kode Pos Kota Serang
- TokoBanten.com - Portal Buy and Sell in Indonesian Regional Serang
|This Banten location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|