Tiruchirappalli–Tirunelveli Intercity Express
|First service||14 July 2012|
|Current operator(s)||Southern Railway zone|
|Start||Tiruchirappalli Junction (TPJ)|
|End||Tirunelveli Junction (TEN)|
|Distance travelled||317 km (197 mi)|
|Average journey time||5 Hours 45 Minutes|
|Class(es)||CC, 2S, SLR, SLRD and UR/GS|
|Seating arrangements||Open coach
|Observation facilities||Windows in all carriages|
|Baggage facilities||Overhead racks
WAP-7/WAP-4 (RPM - Royapuram)
One AC Chair car (CC)
Two Second seating (2S)
|Track gauge||1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||56 kilometres per hour (35 mph)|
|Track owner(s)||Southern Railway zone|
This train was introduced during the 2012-2013 Railway Budget as a new daily train between Tiruchirappalli and Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu, India. The train, numbered as 22627/22628, made its inaugural run on 14 July 2012. And it made its regular service since 15 July 2012.
The train has 15 bogies comprising One A/C Chair car (CC), Two Second seating (2S), Ten Unreserved coaches (UR/GS), One Luggage rake (SLR), Eight General compartments (Unreserved), One Luggage rake (SLR) and One second class coach for disabled passengers (SLRD).[a]
- Dindigul Junction
- Madurai Junction
- Virudhunagar Junction
- Vanchi Maniyachchi Junction
- The coach composition is subject to change.
- "Combined South Zone Timetable - 2015" (PDF). Indian Railways. Southern Railway zone. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "List of New Trains Announced in the Railway Budget 2012-13". Government of India. Press Information Bureau. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Railway Budget 2012-13: List of new trains proposed". The Times of India. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Trichy-Tirunelveli intercity express flagged off". The Times of India. Madurai. 15 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Warm reception accorded to Tiruchi, Tirunelveli Intercity Express". The Hindu. Tirunelveli. 15 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Tiruchi–Tirunelveli express from today". The Hindu. Tiruchi. 14 July 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Train Time Table for TPJ-TEN-TPJ" (PDF). Indian Railways. Southern Railway zone. pp. 87, 90. Retrieved 27 February 2014.