|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Turbo Drop is a type of tower-based amusement ride manufactured by S&S Worldwide, similar to the company's Space Shot. The current tallest Turbo Drop installation in operation is Supreme Scream at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California.
Design and operation
The ride is a vertical drop tower. It uses compressed air to slowly lift a 12-14seat car to the top of the tower, at an approximate and average speed of 12 miles per hour (19 km/h). The car is held for multiple seconds, before it is released, dropping almost to the ground. The compressed air 'bounces' the car back to halfway, before it is lowered to the loading dock. As the tower is four-sided, up to sixteen passengers can ride simultaneously.
S&S Worldwide's Combo Ride combines the Turbo Drop and Space Shot operating modes in a single ride.
- The Abyss Turbo Drop, at Ocean Park in Hong Kong
- Dominator, at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Discovery at Mirabilandia in Savio di Ravenna, Italy
- Down Time at Lake Compounce in Bristol, Connecticut
- Det gyldne tårn at Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen
- Dragons Descent At Funtown Splashtown USA In Saco Maine
- Hellevator at Playland in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Höjdskräcken at Liseberg in Gothenburg
- "Kilahuea" at Six Flags Mexico
- Power Tower at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio
- Power Tower at Valleyfair in Shakopee, Minnesota
- The Rocket at Lagoon Amusement Park in Farmington, Utah
- Sasquatch at Great Escape
- Scream! At Six Flags New England Agawam, Massachusetts
- Supreme Scream at Knott's Berry Farm in southern California
- Turbo Drop at Buffalo Bill's Hotel and Casino in Primm, Nevada
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Turbo Drop.|
|This article about an amusement ride or roller coaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|