|April 2017 +/-|
|Black Lunch Table @ UNC Chapel Hill||April 1, 2017|
|EaT3 @ Amon Carter Museum||April 6, 2017|
|WikiSalon @ Chemical Heritage Fdn, Philly||April 8, 2017|
|AWM Symposium Editathon @ UCLA||April 8, 2017|
|London 117||April 9, 2017|
|Art & Social Justice @ CSU Northridge||April 17, 2017|
|Art + Feminism @ UNC Chapel Hill||April 20, 2017|
|Black Lunch Table @ Boston U, Day 1||April 21, 2017|
|Black Lunch Table @ Boston U, Day 2||April 22, 2017|
|Kuala Lumpur 2||April 22, 2017|
|Oxford 49||April 23, 2017|
|WikiEquality World Book Day @ Tampa||April 23, 2017|
|Bay Area WikiSalon @ WMF San Francisco||April 26, 2017|
|May 2017 +/-|
|EaT4 @ Amon Carter Museum||May 4, 2017|
|London 118||May 14, 2017|
|Oxford 50||May 21, 2017|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
Sunday, October 18th, 2009 — 5:20 p.m. - 8:20 p.m.
McDonald's, Tariq Road, PECHS
The 1st Wikimeetup Karachi in Karachi was held on Sunday, October 18th, 2009. There were total six attendees belongs to wiki projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation and those involved in with free content attended this meetup, with an important topic being discussed on publicity and development of the Urdu language Wikipedia.
A social gathering for users of the wiki projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation. Where we chat about Wikimedia projects in details and share experiences. Mainly a casual social event.
Our agenda included Introduction by each attendees, discussion on Pakistan related content on Wikimedia projects, Wikipedia:WikiProject Pakistan, Urdu language Wikipedia, discussion on possiblity of setting-up Wikimedia Pakistan chapter and Publicity of Wikipedia in Pakistan to spread the concept of free knowledge in Pakistan.
Jimmy Wales message 
This sounds wonderful. I recently visited briefly at the home of the Pakistani Ambassador to China, and a friend of mine is a television journalist in Pakistan. I am happy to hear about this first meet-up and I would be very eager to visit Pakistan and the local community sometime next year. It will be nice if the community can become active and organized so that we might make the most of such an event with press coverage to focus attention on the possibilities, particularly for Urdu Wikipedia.
For me one of the most interesting topics might be increased cooperation between the Hindi Wikipedia and Urdu Wikipedia, due to the languages being quite similar. But I'm sure you all know much better than I do what are the most interesting topics for you!
- Saqib (talk) 08:59, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Fkehar (talk) 05:28, 13 October 2009 (UTC)
- Rzafar (talk) 12:04, 15 October 2009 (UTC)
- Muhammad Ali Makki (talk)
- Jamal Abdullah Usman
- Nadeem Ahmed Awan (talk)
Expressed interest / Comments
- I regularly update the "Cartoon Network (Pakistan)" article (I created most of the sections). I really want to join such an awesome Meetup but i live in hyderabad. I will really miss it. --♫♪Adyniz♪♫ 14:16, 9 October 2009 (UTC)
- I was curious, there are very few Pakistanis here and even fewer in Karachi. I would be really interested but I am from Islamabad. Anyways, please do let me know about the meeting and how it went, maybe someday we'll organize it here too. Regards Samar (Talk . Contributions) 05:47, 11 October 2009 (UTC)
- Well we have very few in Karachi. But do share with us how meeting went. Atleast you started such an effort. --yousaf465' 04:27, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- This is a wonderful idea and I support it. User : Faojdar
- This is very good idea but it will be difficult for us (living in Sarhad to reach Karachi, it would be better if in Islamabad. User : Wahab)
Post-meetup summary / coverage
- Karachi Updates published a brief news story on historical meeting of Pakistan Wikipedians in Karachi. (Urdu)
- Brief story about Wikimeetup on News Urdu (Urdu)
- Brief story about Karachi Wikimeetup on Geo Urdu (Urdu)
- The Meetup has been reported at the Signpost: Wikimeetup Karachi.
- A detailed report on Wikimeetup Karachi on Fkehar's blog. (Urdu)
- A brief report on Wikimeetup Karachi prepared by Saqib available in English language.
- A detailed report on Wikimeetup Karachi prepared by Fkehar available in Urdu language.