Zadran (Pashtun tribe)
The Zadran (Pashto: ځدراڼ dzadrāṇ; pronounced dzādroṇ in Khost-Paktia dialect), also spelled Dzadran, Jadran and Jandran, is a Pashtun tribe that inhabits an area in eastern Afghanistan and parts of Waziristan in neighboring Pakistan. They are mainly found in parts of the Loya Paktia and Khost areas, "Zadran: Pashtun tribe mainly residing in the “Zadran Arc” a 9-district area encompassing portions of the khost Paktya, and Paktika provinces.",
Prominent members of the Zadran tribe include:
|Pacha Khan Zadran||
|Abdul Wali Khan||
|Kamal Khan Zadran|
|Jalal Ud Din Haqqani|
2- Khalil Haqani 3- Ismail Haqani
|Saad Akbar Babrak||
|Jan Baz Zadran||
|Noor Ali Zadran||
- Paktia Executive Summary on nps.edu
- Paktika Executive Summary on nps.edu
- Khost Executive Summary on nps.edu
- "Afghan power brokers: Playing the tribal loyalty card". Christian Science Monitor. 2002-06-10. Archived from the original on March 2, 2008. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- Coyle, Dennis Walter (August 2014). "Placing Wardak among Pashto varieties" (PDF). University of North Dakota:UND. Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- Zadran Family Tree on zadran.com
- Scott Baldauf (2002-07-29). "Firefight shows strong Al Qaeda persistence". Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 2009-06-27.
|This Afghanistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about ethnicity or ethnology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|