Aarey Milk Colony
Aarey Milk Colony (established in 1949) is situated in Goregaon East, a suburb of Mumbai, India. It has gardens, a nursery, lakes, an observation pavilion, picnic facilities, and milk plants.
16,000 cattle are reared on 1,287 hectares of land, and 32 cattle farms. Some of the attractions in Aarey Milk Colony are the Aarey Garden Restaurant, Observation point now called Chota Kashmir, boat trips and a picnic spot.
The colony is situated off the Western Express Highway which runs across Mumbai. Apart from being a milk producing center, it is also known for its greenery and beautiful surroundings. The garden is spread over 4,000 acres (16 km2) of parkland. There is an observation pavilion on a hill near the entrance to the colony.
Aarey Milk Colony has facilities for picnics and get-togethers. It has milk plants, gardens, a nursery and a lake in the vicinity that attracts visitors and makes it a suitable location for a weekend getaway or excursion. The colony has been used a number of times as a site for film shooting.
- "Around Town | Aarey Milk Colony". timeoutmumbai.net. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Aarey Milk Colony, Goregaon, Mumbai". flickr.com. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Aarey Milk Colony – Mumbai". mumbai77.com. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Aarey Dairy". mbaskool.com. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "aarey milk colony part 1 / mumbai tour / tourist places in india". youtube.com. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
|This Mumbai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|