Ahmedabad railway station
|Ahmedabad Railway Station
Indian Railway Station
|Address||Kalupur, Ahmedabad (Central Zone), Gujarat
|Elevation||52.50 metres (172.2 ft)|
|Line(s)||Ahmedabad-Mumbai main line
Ahmedabad-Gandhidha main line
|Connections||BRTS bus stop 'Kalupur Railway Station', AMTS bus stop 'Kalupur Terminus', Taxicab stand, Auto rickshaw stand|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
Ahmedabad Railway Station is the main railway station of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It is also the biggest & busiest railway station within Gujarat. It is second highest income generating division in Western Railways besides Mumbai Division.
Before the partition of India, the Sind Mail used to travel to Hyderabad, Sindh via the Hyderabad - Mirpur Khas - Khokhrapar - Munabao - Barmer - Luni - Jodhpur - Pali - Marawar - Palanpur - Ahmedabad route.
The main railway station of Ahmedabad, also referred to as the Ahmedabad Junction Railway Station or Kalupur Railway Station, is the primary station of rail transport for the city of Ahmedabad in the state of Gujarat, India and an important center of the Western Railways zone of the Indian Railways. Locally people refer to it as Kalupur Station (as it is situated in Kalupur area of the walled city) to distinguish it from other stations in the city like Gandhigram, Asarva, Sarkhej, Vastrapur, Chandlodia, Vatva, Maninagar and Sabarmati Junction. It serves trains that connect Ahmedabad to different parts of Gujarat, as well as major Indian cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Kochi, Dhanbad, Daltonganj and Indore. The station has twelve platforms. There are an ample numbers of tea stalls, snack bars, medical shops and enquiry desks. The station also has one cybercafe which is run by Tata Indicom. The government is also considering making the station WiFi enabled. The station is undergoing large-scale automation to make it a technologically advanced station, and new ATM outlets from ICICI Bank, Canara Bank, Union Bank of India, Dena Bank, Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India & other major banks has been installed. RailTel plans to open Cyber Cafe in Ahmedabad Station.
Ahmedabad Railway station has launched hand push luggage trolley service at Ahmedabad railway station. Such trolleys are always available at airports, but for railway station, it is a new initiative. The railway will initially charge Rs 5 per luggage trolley from commuters. As of now, the service is available only for platform no.1, but after new elevators and escalators become functional by the end of this year, the trolley service will be introduced at all platform of Ahmedabad railway station.
According to divisional railway manager of Ahmedabad Shri Ashok Garud, the initiative has been taken following a guideline from the Western railway headquarter. The facility would be launched in Rajkot, Surat and Vadodara railway stations too in future.
Trains For Mumbai
|Train number||Train name||Origin||Destination||Frequency|
|12934/33||Karnavati Express||Ahmedabad||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|19012/11||Gujarat Express||Ahmedabad||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|12932/31||Ahmedabad Mumbai Central Double Decker Express||Ahmedabad||Mumbai Central||Ex. Su|
|12010/09||Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express||Ahmedabad||Mumbai Central||Ex. Su|
|19216/15||Saurasthra Express||Porbandar||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|12215/16||Garib Rath Express||Delhi Sarai Rohilla||Bandra||M, Tu, Th, Sa|
|12960/59||Bhuj Dadar Superfast Express||Bhuj||Dadar||M, Th|
|19018/17||Saurasthra Janata Express||Jamnagar||Bandra||Daily|
|19144/43||Lok Shakti Express||Ahmedabad||Bandra||Daily|
|12902/01||Gujarat Mail||Ahmedabad||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|19006/05||Saurasthra Mail||Okha||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|59460/59||Link Express||Veraval||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|12268/67||Ahmedabad Duronto Express||Ahmedabad||Mumbai Central||Daily|
|12489/90||Dadar Express||Bikaner||Dadar||Tu, Sa|
|19109/10||Gujarat Queen Express||Ahmedabad||Valsad||Daily|
Trains For Kanpur
- Gorakhpur Express
- Sabarmati Express
- Azimabad Express
- Guwahati Express
- Adi Gorakhpur S
- Kamakhya Express
- Okha Bsb Express
- Bhavnagar (T) Asansol Express
- Lucknow Special
- Gimb Howra Express
- Varanasi - Ahmedabad Exp.(via DLI & LKO)
- Sultanpur - Ahmedabad Exp.(via DLI & LKO)
Trains for Delhi
Trains For Pune
- Ahmedabad Pune Express (Weekly)
- Jodhpur Pune Express (Weekly)
- New Bhuj Pune Express (Weekly)
- Veraval Pune Express (Weekly)
- Rajkot Secunderabad Express (triweekly)
- 11095/96 Ahinsa Express (Thursday)
- 12297/98 Ahmedabad Pune Duronto Express (Tu, Fr, Su)
- 19405/06 Ahmedabad Yeshvantpur AC Express (Saturday) - due to be extended to Barmer.
Trains For Indore
- 19309/19310 Gandhinagar - Indore Shanti Express (Daily)
Trains for Visakhapatnam
- Okha-Puri Weekly Express
Metre Gauge Trains Originating
- Ahmedabad-Mehsana Fast Passenger.(4 times a day)
- Ahmedabad-Mehsana Express.
- mehsana vijapur passenger
- Ahmedabad-Ranuj Passenger.
- Ahmedabad-Mehsana Intercity Express.
- Ahmedabad-Udaipur Express.
- Ahmedabad-Udaipur Mewar Fast Passenger.
- Ahmedabad-Khedbrahma Passenger.(2 times a day)
- Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar Passenger.(2 times a day)
- Ahmedabad-Nandol Dehgam Express.(2 times a day)
- Ahmedabad-Ranuj Fast Passenger.
- Gandhigram-Botad Passenger.(5 times a day)(First train starts from Ahmedabad Junction and travels as Empty Special till Gandhigram and then officially as Gandhigram-Botad Passenger. The last service from Botad to Gandhigram runs till Ahmedabad Junction as Empty Special.)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ahmedabad railway station.|