|— Town —|
|Town of Blackfalds|
|Motto: A Nice Place to Grow!|
|• Mayor||Melodie Stol|
|• Governing body||Blackfalds Town Council|
|• Total||16.36 km2 (6.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||870 m (2,850 ft)|
|• Density||385.0/km2 (997/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code||T0M 0J0|
|Area code(s)||+1 403, +1 587|
Red Deer River
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Blackfalds had a population of 6,300 living in 2,250 of its 2,458 total dwellings, a 36.4% change from its 2006 population of 4,618. With a land area of 16.36 km2 (6.32 sq mi), it had a population density of 385/km2 (997/sq mi) in 2011. The 2011 census also indicated that Blackfalds was ranked as the municipality with the fourteenth-highest population growth between 2006 and 2011.
In 2006, the town had a population of 4,571, a land area of 8.40 km2 (3.24 sq mi), and a population density of 544.3 /km2 (1,410 /sq mi). With a 46.7% growth rate, or 1,455 new residents since 2001, it was one of the fastest growing communities in central Alberta between 2001 and 2006.
The town has many public facilities such as:
- Blackfalds Public Library, Located in the Blackfalds Cultural Centre (town hall)
- Blackfalds Optimist Sk8 Deck, Sk8 Deck Skateboard Park is located at the Blackfalds Multi-Plex
- Tayles Water Spray Park, Located next to the Cultural Centre
- Blackfalds All-Star Park, Located at the southwest corner of Blackfalds.
- Blackfalds Multiplex, home to the ice arena, Banquet Room, and Ag Room.
The town has two public schools in the Wolf Creek school district:
- Iron Ridge Elementary Campus; and
- Iron Ridge Junior Campus.
- Red Deer Advocate;
- Red Deer Express;
- Red Deer Life; and
- The Lacombe Globe.
Blackfalds is served by three broadcast television stations by antenna:
- Channel 4, CityTV Edmonton;
- Channel 8, CTV Edmonton (CTV); and
- Channel 10, Global Edmonton (Global).
The cable and satellite television providers in Blackfalds are Shaw Cable, Bell ExpressVu, Shaw Direct and Telus Communications.
Blackfalds is served by numerous radio stations from Red Deer and Lacombe, including Kraze 101.3 (CKIK), KG Country (CKGY), Zed 99, Sunny 94, Big 105, The River 100.7 (CKRI) and The Drive.
See also 
- Town of Blackfalds. "Mayor's Message". Retrieved 2009-05-01.[dead link]
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Town of Blackfalds Regular Council Meeting, July 24, 2012: 2011 Census Results and Report". Town of Blackfalds. 2012-07-24. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "2011 Municipal Affairs Population List". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Regular Council Meeting, June 9, 2011 Memo". Town of Blackfalds. 2011-06-09. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Table 6: Municipalities (census subdivisions) with the highest population growth between 2006 and 2011". Statistics Canada. 2012-05-30. Retrieved 2012-09-05.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Blackfalds - Community Profile". Retrieved 2009-05-01.
- Schools In Blackfalds:Wolf Creek Public Schools
- Radio stations in Blackfalds:KRAZE 101.3 (CKIK) CKGY (KG Country)Zed 99Sunny 94Big 105.5The River 100.7The Drive
|Sylvan Lake||Red Deer||Delburne|