|Town of Vauxhall|
|Motto: Potato Capital of the West|
|Municipal district||Municipal District of Taber|
|• Mayor||Margaret Plumtree|
|• Governing body||Vauxhall Town Council|
|• Total||2.88 km2 (1.11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||779 m (2,556 ft)|
|• Density||447.6/km2 (1,159/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
Vauxhall is a town in southern Alberta, Canada within the Municipal District of Taber. It is located on Highway 36 (Veteran Memorial Highway) approximately 36 km (22 mi) north of Taber, 69 km (43 mi) south of Brooks and 114 km (71 mi) west of Medicine Hat. It is situated in the prairie land between Bow River and Oldman River.
Vauxhall is known as the "Potato Capital of the West".
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Vauxhall had a population of 1,288 living in 429 of its 458 total dwellings, a 20.5% change from its 2006 population of 1,069. With a land area of 2.88 km2 (1.11 sq mi), it had a population density of 447.2/km2 (1,158.3/sq mi) in 2011.
The town population as of 2001 was 1,112.
In 2006, Vauxhall had a population of 1,069 living in 449 dwellings, a 3.9% decrease from 2001. The town has a land area of 2.88 km2 (1.11 sq mi) and a population density of 371.5 /km2 (962 /sq mi).
The town is served by the Vauxhall Airport, located 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) south of the town.
The Town of Vauxhall is served by two schools, Vauxhall High School and Vauxhall Elementary School.
- "Municipal Officials Search". Alberta Municipal Affairs. July 4, 2014. Retrieved July 15, 2014.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Alberta Private Sewage Systems 2009 Standard of Practice Handbook: Appendix A.3 Alberta Design Data (A.3.A. Alberta Climate Design Data by Town)" (PDF). Safety Codes Council. January 2012. pp. 212–215 (PDF pages 226–229). Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Vauxhall Community profile - Statistics Canada. 2002. 2001 Community Profiles. Released June 27, 2002. Last modified: 2005-11-30. Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 93F0053XIE.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Vauxhall - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vauxhall, Alberta.|