Copperbelt University is a university in Kitwe, Zambia.
It is organised under seven schools, a Chair and a lifelong education directorate, viz:
- School of Engineering
- School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- School of Natural Resources
- School of Business
- School of Built Environment
- Centre for Lifelong Education (CLLE)
- School of Medicine
- School of Mines and Mineral Sciences
- Dag Hammarskjold Chair for Peace, Human Rights and Conflict Management
The university has 5000 students and 600 members of staff, including 200 faculty.
It was established by an act of the Zambian Parliament in 1987. It was part of the University of Zambia.
In 2014, the School of Medecine received US$1 million in donation from the Council of Zambian Jewry, an affiliate of the African Jewish Congress and the World Jewish Congress.
Coordinates: 12°48′20″S 28°14′25″E / 12.80556°S 28.24028°E