||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Established||1986 (in New York)|
|Food type||French, Seafood|
|Street address||155 West 51st Street (between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue), Midtown Manhattan|
|City||New York City|
Le Bernardin is a Michelin Guide three star, Zagat-rated French seafood restaurant located at 155 West 51st Street (between 6th Avenue and 7th Avenue), in Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It was started in 1972 in Paris by Gilbert and Maguy le Coze and moved to New York in 1986.
Gilbert le Coze died of a heart attack in 1994, and Eric Ripert succeeded him as the head chef. Signature dishes include kindai maguro (sustainably raised Japanese bluefin tuna), Kobe beef and escolar. Desserts by pastry chef Michael Laiskonis include chocolate dusted with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Chef Ripert has gone on to open Philadelphia's 10 Arts and Westend Bistro in Washington D.C.
Awards and accolades 
In 2009, Le Bernardin was voted 15th best restaurant in the world in the Restaurant magazine Top 50. In 2013 the restaurant was ranked 12th in the Elite Traveler and Laurent Perrier Top 100 Restaurants in the World.
Le Bernardin is one of only seven restaurants in New York awarded three Michelin stars, and is the restaurant which has held four stars from The New York Times for the longest period of time, having earned the ranking in early 1986.
- Outstanding Restaurant 1998
- Outstanding Chef – Jorge Vasquez – 2003
- Outstanding Pastry Chef – Michael Laiskonis – 2007
Gayot Top 40 Restaurants in the US. It was given a rating of 18/20.
- A Return to Cooking 2002
- On the Line 2008
- Le Bernardin Cookbook: Four-Star Simplicity 1998
- "Le Bernardin . 155 West 51st Street . New York City". Le-bernardin.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Le Bernardin". Restaurant Review. http://www.gayot.com Gayot. Retrieved October 29, 2008.
- "NYC Michelin Guide 2011". Michelinguide.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "gayot.com". gayot.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "Le Bernardin | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews". Zagat. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- "The 10 Best Restaurants in New York City". zagat.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|