Pulwama District shown within Jammu & Kashmir state
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|• Total||1,398 km2 (540 sq mi)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
Pulwama district has four tehsils:
Pulwama District has four assembly constituencies: Tral, Pampore, Pulwama and Rajpora.
According to the 2011 census Pulwama district has a population of 570,060, roughly equal to the nation of Solomon Islands or the US state of Wyoming. This gives it a ranking of 535th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 598 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,550 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.18%. Pulwama has a sex ratio of 913 females for every 1000 males, lower than the national average of 940, and a literacy rate of 65%., slightly higher than the national average of 64.3%.
- Lyceum International School
- Dolphin International School
- Holy Mission Secondary School
- Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- "ERO's and AERO's". Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Solomon Islands 571,890 July 2011 est."
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Wyoming 563,626"
|Badgam district||Anantnag district|
|Shopian district||Kulgam district|
|This article related to a location in Jammu and Kashmir is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|