|• Total||3,269 km2 (1,262 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (280/sq mi)|
|• Official||Meiteilon (Manipuri)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-MN-SE|
Senapati District is located between 93.29° and 94.15° East Longitude and 24.37° and 25.37° North Latitude and is in the northern part of Manipur state. The District is bounded on the south by Imphal District, on the east by Ukhrul District, on the west by Tamenglong District and on the north by Phek district of Nagaland Nagaland state. The district lies at an altitude between 1061 meter to 1788 meters above sea level.
The district is under humid subtropical climate. The soil is moderately fertile with clay loam soil with little patches of clay and loam. The temperature ranges from a minimum of 3.4 °C (38.1 °F) to a maximum of 34.1 °C (93.4 °F). The annual rainfall ranges from 670 to 1,450 mm (26.4 to 57.1 in). There are about 110 watersheds each of geographical size ranging from 2,000 to 3,000 hectares (4,900 to 7,400 acres), which are drained finally at about 5 major rivers/streams of different aspects and sources as indicated below:
80% of the land area is covered by forest while the rest 20% are utilized for cultivation. Rice, Maize, Potato, Cabbage and cereals are the major produces of the district. Agriculture is the main occupation of the people and terrace cultivation is generally practice by the people.
|1||Community Development/Tribal Development block||6|
|2||Autonomous Hill District Council||2|
|4||Population Served per Police Station||41,212|
|6||Vidhan Sabha seat||6|
|7||Lok Sabha seat||Nil|
|9||Assembly Constituencies Comprising Parliamentary Constituency|
|d||Letter Boxes (excluding those at P.O.)||26|
|g||L.D.P.C.O. (VIPs) Connected to VC/GPC on MARR||121|
|a||. Employment Exchange||3|
|d||Applicants on live register||23,145|
|e||Population served per Employment Exchange||82,000|
|a||Villages fully covered||43|
|a||Installed Capacity of Hydro (State owned)||1.30 MW|
|b||Electricity Generated by Hydro (State owned)||0.41 GW·h|
|c||132/33 kV Sub-station||2|
|d||No. of villages electrified||
Senapati is the fourth largest district of Manipur within the union of India. Senapati district is under the charge of a Deputy Commissioner cum District Magistrate assisted by a number of other officials including District Supply Officer (FCS), one Assistant Engineer (Dev), one Assistant Election Officer, one Assistant Project Officer and one office Superintendent. The Deputy Commissioner functions as the Additional Development Commissioner, and he is also the ex officio Chairman of the District Rural Development Agency, Senapati.
The district is divided into five subdivisions:
According to the 2011 census Senapati district has a population of 354972, roughly equal to the nation of Belize. This gives it a ranking of 565th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 109 inhabitants per square kilometre (280 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 25.16%. Senapati has a sex ratio of 939 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 75%.
Languages spoken include Maola, Maram and Poula.
Barak source Houdu Koide Biisho
Makhufii - aka Paomata center
Emeshiiphro Reichao Phei
Place of the Khumei
- Kaubru Mountain
This mountain is one of the highest peak in Manipur. People climb the mountain in summer season only. They climb mountain in the group. People say that in mythological day Pandavas were visited here. There is a long cave where people passes through.
- Kaubru Laikha
Kaubru Laikha is one of the famous Shiv Temples in Manipur. There will be a herd of people during the time of Shivratri and Kanwad. People say that putted milk on the Koubru Mountain comes here. This temple is situated on the bank of Imphal River. National Highway 39 Passes through here.
||Peren district, Nagaland||Kohima district, Nagaland||Phek district, Nagaland|
|Tamenglong district||Ukhrul district|
|Churachandpur district||Bishnupur district
Imphal West district
|Imphal East district