30th century BC
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from 2914 BC)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
|Millennium:||3rd millennium BC|
|Decades:||2990s BC 2980s BC 2970s BC 2960s BC 2950s BC
2940s BC 2930s BC 2920s BC 2910s BC 2900s BC
|Categories:||Births – Deaths
Establishments – Disestablishments
The 30th century BC is a century which lasted from the year 3000 BC to 2901 BC.
- Before 3000 BC: Image of a deity, detail from a cong recovered from Tomb 12, Fanshan, Yuyao, Zhejiang, is made. Neolithic period. Liangzhu culture. It is now kept at Zhejiang Provincial Museum, Hangzhou.
- c. 3000 BC: Early agriculture in North Africa.
- 3000 BC – 2600 BC: Early Harappan period continues in the Indus Valley
- c. 3000 BC: Neolithic period ends.
- c. 3000 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of united Egypt, starts to reign.
- c. 3000 BC: Troy is founded.
- c. 3000 BC: There is an intense phase of burial at Duma na nGiall on the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of the High King of Ireland.
- c. 3000 BC: Stonehenge begins to be built. In its first version, it consists of a circular ditch and bank, with 56 wooden posts.
- 3000 BC – 2000 BC: World population about 30 million.
- c. 3000 BC: Cycladic civilization in the Aegean Sea starts
- c. 3000 BC: Minoan civilization starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Helladic period starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Norte Chico civilization in Northern Peru starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Aegean Bronze Age starts.
- c. 3000 BC: Middle Jōmon period starts in Japan.
- c. 2955 BC: Djer, third pharaoh of Egypt, dies
- c. 2950 BC: first definitive use of a Nebty name by Egyptian First Dynasty pharaoh, Semerkhet.
- c. 2920 BC: Djet, fourth pharaoh of Egypt.
Inventions, discoveries, introductions
- 3000 BC–2000 BC; Hieroglyphic writing in Egypt, potter's wheel in China, first pottery in the Americas (in Ecuador).
- c. 3000 BC—Sumerians establish cities.
- c. 3000 BC—Sumerians start to work in various metals.
- c. 3000 BC—Knowledge of Ancient Near Eastern grains appears in Ancient China.
- 3000 BC-2000 BC - Settled villages are widespread in Mesoamerica.
- The shekal was introduced in Mesopotamia as a monetary and weight unit; see ancient weights and measures, Shekel.
- ~5,000 years ago: Setting for Dawn of Empire by Sam Barone (the Eskkar Saga book 1)
- 3157 BC: Setting for Empire Rising by Sam Barone (the Eskkar Saga book 2)
- In the TV show, Stargate: SG-1, the native people of Earth successfully rebel against the Goa'uld in 2995 BC.
- 3000 BC: A zombie outbreak in Egypt in The Zombie Survival Guide
- 3000 BC: The birth of possibly the first mutant in X-Men, En Sabah Nur..
- 3000 BC (5,000 years ago): The Crystal Gems, lead by Rose Quartz, enter open rebellion against the Homeworld Gems over the fate of life on Earth and win, becoming the protectors of Earth in Steven Universe.
- Memory and Monuments at the Hill of Tara by Erin McDonald, Chronika Journal
- National Geographic, June 2008