Kapoor family on Randhir's birthday
|Current region||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Place of origin||
Samundri, Punjab, British India|
(Prithviraj Kapoor in 1906 CE)
|Members||See table below|
Surinder Kapoor family
|Heirlooms||R. K. Studio, Prithvi Theatre|
|Estate(s)||Krishna Raj Bungalow, Mumbai, India|
Active since 1929; Prithviraj Kapoor acted in Alam Ara (1931), the first talkie film of India
|Prithviraj Kapoor · Trilok Kapoor|
|Raj Kapoor · Shammi Kapoor|
|Shashi Kapoor · Nandi Kapoor|
|Devi Kapoor · Urmila Sial Kapoor|
|Randhir Kapoor · Ritu Kapoor Nanda|
|Rishi Kapoor · Rima Kapoor Jain|
|Generation 4 (Raj Kapoor's grandchildren)|
|Randhir Kapoor-Babita Shivdasani's children|
|Karisma Kapoor · Kareena Kapoor|
|Ritu-Ranjan Nanda's children|
|Nikhil Nanda · Nitasha Nanda|
|Rishi Kapoor-Neetu Singh's children|
|Riddhima Kapoor · Ranbir Kapoor|
|Rima-Manoj Jain's children|
|Armaan Jain · Aadar Jain|
|Aditya Raj Kapoor · Kanchan Kapoor|
|(Shammi Kapoor-Neila Devi's children)|
|Generation 4 (Shammi Kapoor's grandchildren)|
|Aditya Raj-Preeti Kapoor's children|
|Kanchan-Ketan Desai's children|
|Pooja Desai · Rajarajeshwari Desai|
|Kunal Kapoor · Karan Kapoor|
|Generation 4 (Shashi Kapoor's grandchildren)|
|Kunal Kapoor-Sheena Sippy's children|
|Shaira Kapoor · Zahan Kapoor|
|Karan-Lorna Kapoor's children|
|Aliya Kapoor · Zach Kapoor|
|Sanjana-Valmik Thapar's children|
|Generation 2 (Trilok Kapoor's children)|
|Vijay Kapoor · Vicky Kapoor|
|Generation 3 (Vijay Kapoor's children)|
|Ajay Kapoor · Sanjay Kapoor|
The Kapoor family is of Punjabi Hindu origin. Prithviraj Kapoor was the first from the family to pursue a career in films. He was born in 1906 in the town of Samundri in Punjab Province, British India. His father, Basheshwarnath Kapoor, served as a police officer in the Indian Imperial Police in the city of Peshawar; while his grandfather, Keshavmal Kapoor, was a Tehsildar in Samundri, Punjab, British India. Prithviraj's first lead role was in Cinema Girl in 1929.
All three of Prithviraj Kapoor's sons, Raj Kapoor, Shammi Kapoor, and Shashi Kapoor, made careers in the Hindi film industry. Raj Kapoor also known as "the greatest showman of Indian cinema", became a noted Indian film actor, producer and director of Hindi cinema.
Raj Kapoor's sons, Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor, went on to become well-known actors; his youngest son, Rajiv Kapoor, was not as successful as his brothers. Shashi Kapoor's daughter Sanjana Kapoor also became a film actress, although she had a short career.
Randhir Kapoor is married to Babita. They have two daughters Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor, both of whom have found success in the film industry. Rishi Kapoor is married to actress Neetu Singh, their son, Ranbir Kapoor, has established himself as a leading Bollywood actor.
Members of the Kapoor family
- Prithviraj Kapoor – first member of family to enter the Hindi film industry.
- Trilok Kapoor has no son like raj kapoor thats why he's flop >"Trilok Kapoor".</ref> – second son of Basheshwarnath Kapoor.
- Raj Kapoor – eldest son of Prithviraj; married to Krishna Malhotra, sister of actor Prem Nath
- Shammi Kapoor – second son of Prithviraj; married to Geeta Bali (first wife) and Neila Devi (second wife)
- Shashi Kapoor – youngest son of Prithviraj; married to Jennifer Kendal
- Randhir Kapoor – eldest son of Raj Kapoor; married to Babita
- Ritu Nanda – elder daughter of Raj Kapoor; married to Rajan Nanda
- Rishi Kapoor – second son of Raj Kapoor; married to Neetu Singh Kapoor
- Rima Jain – second daughter of Raj Kapoor; married to Manoj Jain
- Rajiv Kapoor – youngest son of Raj Kapoor
- Aditya Raj Kapoor – son of Shammi Kapoor and Geeta Bali
- Kanchan Kapoor – daughter of Shammi Kapoor and Geeta Bali
- Karan Kapoor – elder son of Shashi Kapoor and Jennifer Kendal
- Kunal Kapoor – younger son of Shashi Kapoor and Jennifer Kendal
- Sanjana Kapoor – daughter of Shashi Kapoor and Jennifer Kendal; married to Valmik Thapar
- Karisma Kapoor — elder daughter of Randhir Kapoor and Babita; formerly married to Sanjay Kapur, a businessman.
- Kareena Kapoor — younger daughter of Randhir Kapoor and Babita; married to actor Saif Ali Khan.
- Riddhima Kapoor Sahani - daughter of Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh Kapoor.
- Ranbir Kapoor — son of Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Singh Kapoor
- Nikhil Nanda — son of Ritu Nanda and Rajan Nanda; married to Shweta Bachchan, daughter of actors Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan
- Nitasha Nanda — daughter of Ritu Nanda and Rajan Nanda;
- Armaan Jain — elder son of Rima Jain and Manoj Jain, debuted as actor in Lekar Hum Deewana Dil
- Aadar Jain - Younger Son of Rima Jain and Manoj Jain, making debut with 2017 Hindi film Qaidi Band.
- Shivani Kapoor - cousin of Karisma and Kareena Kapoor.
- Zahan Kapoor - son of Kunal Kapoor and his former wife Sheena Sippy, daughter of Ramesh Sippy
- Shaira Kapoor - daughter of Kunal Kapoor and his former wife Sheena Sippy, daughter of Ramesh Sippy
- Samiera Kapoor — daughter of Karisma Kapoor and her former husband Sanjay Kapur
- Kiaan Raj Kapoor — son of Karisma Kapoor and her former husband Sanjay Kapur
- Taimur Ali Khan - son of Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan
- Samara Sahani - daughter of Riddhima Kapoor Sahani and Bharat Sahani
- Navya Naveli Nanda - daughter of Nikhil Nanda and Shweta Bachchan Nanda
- Agasthya Nanda - son of Nikhil Nanda and Shweta Bachchan
R.K. Film and R. K. Studio entrance, Mumbai.
- Nirpal Dhaliwal. "Nirpal Dhaliwal: My Bollywood bit part | Film". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- Gooptu, Sharmistha (29 October 2010). "Bengali Cinema: 'An Other Nation'". Taylor & Francis – via Google Books.
- Fashion Cultures: Theories, Explorations, and Analysis edited by Stella Bruzzi, Pamela Church
- "Remembering an icon: Prithviraj Kapoor".
- Showman Raj Kapoor’s house to be converted into museum By Hidayat KhanPublished: 23 September 2012 http://tribune.com.pk/story/441304/showman-raj-kapoors-house-to-be-converted-into-museum/
- "Nikhil Nanda & Shweta Bachchan - Take a peek at the business & political landscape of marriages | The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- Bina Rai: The good old days Archived 2009-12-27 at the Wayback Machine. Screen.
- Talk Back: Eye On India (Interview with Anil Kapoor) Ep33 Pt1. Dawn News. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
I'm a Pathan's son... my father, my grandfather they were all Pathans from Peshawar...
- Sen, Shomini (13 October 2012). "What Sharmila couldn't do in her time, Kareena manages easily". Zee News. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Prithviraj Kapoor to Kareena Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor".
- "Prithviraj Kapoor (Indian actor) - Encyclopædia Britannica". Britannica.com. 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- Untitled Document Archived 2009-05-05 at the Wayback Machine.
- "rediff.com: Bollywood's First Family".
- "14th December 1924: Raj Kapoor, Indian actors and directors, was born". mapsofindia.com. 18 February 2016.
- "Raj Kapoor: The Greatest Showman". sulekha.com. 18 February 2016.
- "Raj Kapoor and the Golden Age of Indian Cinema". hcl.harvard.edu. 19 February 2015.
- "Nikhil Nanda: The business of life - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-07-13.
- "Ranbir Kapoor helps Armaan Jain to debut in Saif's Lekar Hum Deewana Dil".
- "Aadar Jain and Anya Singh new faces of Yash Raj Films". Retrieved 18 August 2017.
- Chatterjee, Ashok (17 May 2006). "'I want to be a master of talent'". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 August 2007.
- Goyal, Divya (9 December 2017). "Karisma Kapoor's Daughter Samiera Looks All Grown Up. See Pics". ndtv.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Lobo, Ryan (12 March 2010). "Karisma Kapoor gives birth to a baby boy". filmibeat.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Bollywood's Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan have a baby boy". bbc.co.uk. 20 December 2016. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Khan, Rubina A (28 January 2016). "Gold Rate Riddhima Kapoor-Sahni: 'Girls chase Ranbir and he runs after Samara'". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- Khanna, Priyanka (2 August 2017). "Exclusive: The Bachchan-Nanda women in their first ever interview together". vogue.in. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- D'Souza, Vinod (18 April 2018). "Amitabh Bachchan's Grandson Agastya Nanda To Debut In Bollywood?". filmibeat.com. Retrieved 12 July 2018.
- "Indian cinema@100: 35 fun facts about the Kapoors of Bollywood". NDTV. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 3 May 2013.