|Public (ASX: AMM)|
|Headquarters||Perth, Western Australia, Australia|
|Products||dark fibre, data centre, hosting, consulting|
|Total equity||AUD $626 million|
Number of employees
Amcom was founded in 1988 by Mr Andrew Mclean to provide cabling services to CBD based corporations and institutions in Perth. Amcom acquired a telecommunications carrier licence in 1998 and began building a fibre optic network.
Acquisition of Arachnet
In September 2005, Amcom acquired the customers of Perth Internet service provider Arachnet for A$1.6 million, adding 5,200 broadband and 2,100 dial-up customers to their user base, increasing Amcom's total broadband numbers to 7,500.
Acquisition of People Telecom's Perth corporate services business
In April 2007 Amcom Telecommunications completed the A$6.25 million acquisition of People Telecom’s Perth-based corporate services business. The acquired assets include a client base using fibre and DSL-based broadband services and a large datacentre facility with some 600 square metres of space.
Proposed Acquisition of IP Systems Pty Ltd
In February 2010, Amcom announced that it intended to acquire 100% of the issued share capital of IP Systems Pty Ltd, an IP communications company delivering voice, video and data solutions to Australia and New Zealand. The $5.3 million acquisition was completed in May 2010.
Acquisition of L7 Solutions Pty Ltd
Amcom bought out L7 Solutions Pty Ltd in 2012 for AUD $15 million.  This allowed Amcom to expand its footprint in IT integration, managed services and consulting and additional of about 200 clients.
Acquisition by Vocus
In December 2014, the board of Amcom approved the acquisition of the group by Vocus for AUD $653 million. In April 2015, rival TPG Telecom increased its shareholder stake in Amcom to 18.6 per cent in an attempt to block the merger.  TPG eventually built its stake to 19.9 per cent of Amcom.  In response, a campaign to persuade at least 75 per cent of shareholders to vote in favour of the merger was launched by both Amcom and Vocus. On June 15 2015, the merger went ahead after 77 percent of Amcom shareholders voted in favour of the merger. In July 2015 the $1.2 billion merger between Amcom and Vocus was formerly completed.
On June 29 2015, CEO Clive Stein resigned after a 16 year career with the company in order to make way for incoming Vocus CEO James Spenceley to takeover the combined group. 
Products & Services
Amcom has won the following awards:
Best Telecommunications Company of the Year 2009 - Australian Telecommunications Magazine.
- "amcom- ABOUT - Investors - Board of Directors". Archived from the original on 30 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "WA Industrial Review - March 2007". Archived from the original on 2007-08-30. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "Amcom snaps up Arachnet for $1.6m". Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "People Telecom Ltd - BuddeComm". Archived from the original on 22 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "Amcom nabs People Telecom's Perth fibre". Retrieved 2007-09-14.
- "iTWire - Amcom moves into enterprise telephony, buys IP Systems". Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- "Amcom closes $5.3m IP Systems buy". Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "L7 Solutions now Amcom". www.amcom.com.au. Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "Vocus-Amcom deal seen as positive". Retrieved 2015-05-04.
- "TPG confirms Amcom blocking stake". Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "http://www.afr.com/business/telecommunications/amcom-shareholders-rise-up-to-beat-david-teohs-tpg-20150615-ghof63". Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "Amcom CEO resigns". Retrieved 2015-07-26.
- "Australian Telecom Awards 2009". Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- Amcom Telecommunications official website
- Amcom/Amnet sub forum on Whirlpool
- Amcom/Amnet listing on Broadband Choice
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|