America Bangladesh University
America Bangladesh University (Bengali: আমেরিকা বাংলাদেশ ইউনিভার্সিটি) or ABU is a name used by several private universities, none of which are recognised by the University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UCG).
One university was recognised by the UCG, and according to the commission the poroper ABU campus was located at 54/1 Progoti Sarani, Baridhara-Nodda, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh. Several other campuses exist, that appear to be illegal. iqbal Hossain Bhuiyan, deputy registrar of America Bangladesh University, denied that the illegal campuses were run by ABU. The government cancelled the university's license but it in 2014 was still running under a stay order from a court. The ABU claims on its web page that the High Court have given full clearance to the university on 20 November 2013  and that the unauthorized campuses have been ordered to close.
As of May, 2016, America Bangladesh University is not on the list of private universities at the University Grants Commission web site. 
- "America Bangladesh Univ runs 16 illegal campuses". The Independent. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "UGC sounds warning about 12 private universities". Dhaka Tribune. 9 September 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- University Grants Commission: List of Private Universities
- America Bangladesh University: A Great News for ABU
- America Bangladesh University: Government orders for closing the unauthorised campus of America Bangladesh University
- UCG:List of Private Universities