Notre Dame University Bangladesh
|Motto||The Competence to See and the Courage to Act|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic Church (Congregation of the Holy Cross)|
|Chancellor||Abdul Hamid, President of Bangladesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Fr. Patrick Gaffney, CSC|
|Registrar||Fr. Adam S. Pereira, CSC|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
Notre Dame University Bangladesh or NDUB (Bengali: নটর ডেম বিশ্ববিদ্যালয় বাংলাদেশ) is a private Catholic university in Bangladesh. Located in Motijheel, Dhaka, the university was founded by the Congregation of Holy Cross in 2013. After receiving approval from the Ministry of Education, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, and University Grants Commission (UGC), Notre Dame University Bangladesh commenced its academic activities in the fall of 2014.
On April 29, 2013, by an ordinance of the Ministry of Education, the People’s Republic of Bangladesh granted its approval to establish the university and to function it under the Private University Act of 1992 and as amended in 1998. Albeit Notre Dame University Bangladesh formally came into existence in 2013, it has a long history. When Notre Dame College, Dhaka, was established in 1949, the Congregation of Holy Cross also had plans for a University. At last, Notre Dame University Bangladesh inaugurated its academic activities in the fall of 2014 with 290 students; as of Spring, 2017, the number of students enrolled are around 1500.
Notre Dame University Bangladesh was granted 1.20 acres land by Notre Dame College, Dhaka, to build the permanent campus for the university. A 20-storied building was proposed to be built for its permanent campus. An effort is underway to raise the necessary funding from both foreign and local benefactors to build the university building.
Facilities and Services
NDUB has a library. The library possesses a collection of books for academic and non-academic pursuit of knowledge.
NDUB has two computer labs: one for all students and another for computer science students. Apart from the two computer labs, NDUB has a hardware lab for the computer science students.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language & Literature (ELL)
Some faculty members of NDUB with Dr. Kamal and Hameeda Hossain
- "History of Notre Dame University Bangladesh". ndub.edu.bd. Notre Dame University Bangladesh. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Approval Received to Found University in Bangladesh". holycrosscongregation.org/. Congregation of Holy Cross. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Notre Dame University Bangladesh Holds Its First Classes". holycrosscongregation.org. The Congregation of Holy Cross. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "Govt Approves New University - Notre Dame University". eduicon.com. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- "History of Notre Dame University Bangladesh". ndub.edu.bd. Notre Dame University Bangladesh. Retrieved 6 November 2014.