Brabus, founded 1977 in Bottrop (Ruhr Area), Germany, is a high-performance aftermarket tuning company which specializes in Mercedes-Benz, Smart, and Maybach vehicles. Klaus Brackman and Bodo Buschmann established the company in 1977, the name deriving from the combined first three letters of their last names. Brabus became the largest Mercedes tuner, other than Mercedes-AMG which became a DaimlerChrysler affiliate in the 1990s.
- 1 Operations
- 2 Brabus models
- 2.1 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- 2.2 Mercedes-Benz CL-Class
- 2.3 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class
- 2.4 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- 2.5 Mercedes-Benz G-Class
- 2.6 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class
- 2.7 Mercedes-Benz ML-Class
- 2.8 Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- 2.9 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class and SLS-Class
- 2.10 Mercedes-Benz Viano
- 2.11 Maybach
- 2.12 Smart ForTwo
- 2.13 Smart Roadster
- 2.14 Smart ForFour
- 3 Records
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Brabus's primary focus is to achieve maximum engine performance through the increase of horsepower and torque. Customers can either buy cars from Brabus, or send in their car to be customized and/or overhauled. Customers ordering a car directly involves Brabus purchasing a particular model from Mercedes and then modifying it according to the customer's requests. Brabus is known for providing expensive tuning and custom solutions.
Brabus also offers cosmetic modifications including low profile spoilers, bodykits, carbon fiber splitters, and multi-piece alloy wheels. Other upgrades include racing LSDs, open racing exhaust systems, twelve-piston disc brakes, and engine remapping. Customers can also have complete engine overhauls, or have new crate engines from AMG modified for them.
Brabus engines range from small 200 horsepower (150 kW) K4 blocks for SLK roadsters and CLK-Class to the 800 horsepower (600 kW) twin-turbo blocks for the S-Class. The company also provides improvements to the interior from custom upholstery, gauges, shiftknobs, pedals, and trim to various electronics such as wider LCD screens for the Maybach.
The company has built special editions of Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, and Smart vehicles.
- Brabus Bullit (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W204 Platform) 6.3 litre twin turbo V12
- Brabus C V8S (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W203 Platform) 6.1 litre V8 with enhanced camshaft profiles and higher output
- Brabus C V8 (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W203 Platform) 5.8 or 6.1 litre V8
- Brabus C V8 (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W202 Platform) 5.8 litre V8
- Brabus SV12 S Coupé (CL 600)
- Brabus T 13 Coupé (CL 600)
- Brabus Rocket (CLS-class)
- Brabus E V12 (E-class)
- Brabus E V12T- The Mercedes E-Class Wagon based V12T utilized a 7.3L V12 from the SL73 AMG roadster, the Brabus Sport Wagon had 582 horsepower and 571 lb·ft (774 N·m) of torque and would seat seven. Brabus used Mercedes 5-speed automatic to handle the torque, and with rear-wheel drive it reached sixty in 4.6 seconds.
- Brabus Black Baron (E-class)
- Brabus G 3.6 (G-class)
- Brabus G55 AMG K8
- Brabus v8 B11
- Brabus G V12 (G-class)
- Brabus V12 S (G-class)
- Brabus 800 Widestar (G-class)
- Brabus GLK V8 (GLK-Class)v8 2014
- Brabus ML 63 Biturbo (ML 63)
- Brabus S500 (5.0l V8)
- Brabus SV12 S Limousine (S
- Brabus T 13 Limousine (s 640)
- Brabus SV12 R (S600) iBusiness (750 hp)
- Brabus SV12 R (S600) iBusiness/ Limousine (800 hp)
- Brabus 850 S63 AMG iBusiness/ Limousine (850hp/1450 Nm)
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class and SLS-Class
The Brabus K8 performance kit for the SL model (SL55) includes modifications to the supercharger incorporating a custom vibration damper and pulley, high-performance metal catalysts, and an auxiliary circulation pump with opposing radiator. Power is increased from a standard 476 hp (355 kW) to 550 hp (410 kW) at 6,200 rpm. The maximum torque is 780 N·m (580 lb·ft) at 3,000 rpm. The roadster is claimed reach 60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.1 seconds, passes 120 mph (190 km/h) after 13.6 seconds and reaches an electronically limited top speed of 186 mph (299 km/h).
- Brabus SV12 S Roadster (SL 600)
- Brabus T 13 Roadster (SL 600)
- Brabus SL 55 K8 Roadster (SL 55)
- Brabus SL 65 Roadster AMG(SL 65 AMG Daniel Madar)
- Brabus SLS 700 BiTurbo
- Brabus 6.1 V8 Bi-Turbo ( n,hk Viano 3.2 long)
- Brabus SV12 S (Maybach 57(S) / 62(S))
- Brabus Canada 1 (smart fortwo 450 cdi coupé and convertible) - 4 made for Canada (3 red, 1 white)
- Brabus edit10n (smart fortwo 451 70 HP coupé) - 10 made for Canada - all Grey metallic/tan leather
- Brabus Ultimate 112 (smart fortwo convertible)
- Brabus electric drive ((smart fortwo electric vehicle).
- Smart roadster Brabus (slight hatchback design)
- Smart roadster-coupe Brabus
- Smart roadster-coupe Brabus biturbo - 10 made
- Smart forfour Brabus
- In 2006 Brabus Rocket clocked in new record for street-legal sedan at 362.4 km/h (225.2 mph). The Rocket was based on a modified Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class W219 model.
- In October 2006 Brabus made another record (for a sedan) with this car at 365.7 km/h (227.2 mph). The price of the car is 348,000 euros.
- A world-record speed of 330.6 km/h (205.2 mph) set on the high-speed test track in Nardo, Italy; Brabus added to its extensive collection of automotive records with a Maybach 57 powered by a 730-hp (720 hp SAE net) / 537-kW Brabus SV12 S Biturbo engine(s).
- In the beginning of 2012,the world’s fastest street-legal sedan Brabus Rocket 800.
The 2012 Brabus Rocket 800 is powered by a V12 engine which provides 800 hp and 1,420Nm of torque, which has been limited to 1,100NM. The Brabus Rocket accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph)in 3.7 seconds, 23.8 seconds to 300 km/h (186 mph) and has a top speed of 370 km/h (230 mph).
- "Geneva Motor Show Preview: The BRABUS G V12 S Biturbo Mercedes-Benz G-Class | eMercedesBenz - The Unofficial Mercedes-Benz Weblog". eMercedesBenz. 2009-02-19. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- "2011 Brabus Mercedes-Benz G-Class 800 Widestar". Seriouswheels.com. Retrieved 2011-09-27.
- 2012 Geneva Preview: smart BRABUS electric drive and smart BRABUS ebike
- "Brabus Rockets to 366km/h World Record". Worldcarfans.com. 2006-11-20. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- Cars encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brabus vehicles.|