|Constantin Buschmann (CEO)|
Brabus GmbH (stylized in uppercase in its logo) is a German high-performance automotive aftermarket tuning company founded in 1977 in Bottrop (Ruhr area). Brabus specializes in Mercedes-Benz, Smart and Maybach vehicles. Brabus is the largest Mercedes-Benz tuner after Mercedes-AMG, which has been a Daimler AG subsidiary since the 1990s.
The company began with Bodo Buschmann wanting to customize his cars, but discovered most existing customizers could not grasp his vision or meet his requirements, so he decided to start his own brand. After Buschmann had decided to start his own brand, Brabus GmbH was originally registered in 1977 in West Germany with Buschmann's friend Klaus Brackmann because German law required a company must be established with at least two people. The company name was derived from the first three characters of the founders' surnames (Brackmann, Buschmann). Following the company's foundation, Brackmann did not show interests in modifying vehicles or running a business, so he sold his company shares to Buschmann for 100 euros.
In 2012, Beabus had started building its third factory in Bottrop.
Brabus's primary focus is to achieve maximum car performance through the increase of horsepower and movement. Customers can either buy cars from Brabus, or send in their car to be customized and/or overhauled. Customers ordering a car directly involves Brabus purchasing a particular model from Mercedes and then modifying it according to the customer's requests. Brabus is known for providing expensive tuning and custom solutions.[buzzword]
Brabus also offers cosmetic modifications including low profile spoilers, bodykits, carbon fiber splitters, and multi-piece alloy wheels. Other upgrades include racing LSDs, open racing exhaust systems, twelve-piston disc brakes, and engine remapping. Customers can also have complete engine overhauls, or have new crate engines from AMG modified for them.
Brabus engines range from small 200 horsepower (150 kW) K4 blocks for SLK roadsters and CLK-Class to the 900 horsepower (670 kW) twin-turbo blocks for the S-Class. The company also provides improvements to the interior from custom upholstery, gauges, shiftknobs, pedals, and trim to various electronics such as wider LCD screens for the Maybach.
- smart-BRABUS GmbH: It is a 50-50 joint venture of Daimler AG and BRABUS GmbH, founded in 2001.
- BRABUS Classic: It is a dealer and restorer of older Mercedes-Benz automobiles.
- BRABUS Service GmbH: It is an authorized Mercedes-Benz service partner of Daimler AG.
- BRABUS Yachting: It is a boats and ships customizer.
- BRABUS automotive GmbH: It is a concept vehicle developer. Production facility was in a new plant erected in 2014.
- CRD Car Research & Development GmbH & Co. KG: A developer and producer of special model series and accessories concepts for automobile manufacturers from around the world. It also develops and executes professional marketing strategies to market these components and cars.
- STARTECH: A customizer of Jaguar, Land Rover and Range Rover automobiles.
- BRABUS Private Aviation GmbH: An aircraft customizer.
- BRABUS Japan Inc. (BRABUS JAPAN株式会社): BRABUS GmbH's Asia-Pacific partner, and Japanese importer of BRABUS vehicles.
- EXE Corporation (株式会社 エクゼ)/BRABUS EXE: Japanese importer of BRABUS vehicle parts.
- BRABUS International Holdings (HK) Co. Ltd. (巴博斯中国): China importer of BRABUS vehicles.
- BRABUS USA: Canada and United States importer of BRABUS vehicles.
- BRABUS Middle East LLC: Based in Dubai, it is a Middle East dealer of BRABUS vehicles.
The company has built special editions of Mercedes-Benz, Maybach, and Smart vehicles.
- Brabus Bullit (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W204 Platform) 6.3 litre twin turbo V12
- Brabus C V8S (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W203 Platform) 6.1 litre V8 with enhanced camshaft profiles and higher output
- Brabus C V8 (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W203 Platform) 5.8 or 6.1 litre V8
- Brabus C V8 (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W202 Platform) 5.8 litre V8
- Brabus C 3.6 (Mercedes-Benz C-Class, W202 Platform) 3.6 litre I6
- Brabus SV12 S Coupé (CL 600)
- Brabus T 13 Coupé (CL 600)
- Brabus T65S (CL65 AMG)
- Brabus Rocket (CLS-Class)
- Brabus E V12 (E-class)
- Brabus E V12T- The Mercedes E-Class Wagon based V12T utilized a 7.3L V12 from the SL73 AMG roadster, the Brabus Sport Wagon had 582 horsepower and 571 lb⋅ft (774 N⋅m) of torque and would seat seven. Brabus used Mercedes 5-speed automatic to handle the torque, and with rear-wheel drive it reached sixty in 4.6 seconds.
- Brabus Black Baron (E-class)
- Brabus G 3.6 (G-class)
- Brabus G55 AMG K8
- Brabus v8 B11
- Brabus G V12 (G-class)
- Brabus V12 S (G-class)
- Brabus 700 G63 AMG 6x6
- Brabus 800 Widestar (G-class)
- Brabus 900 G V12
- Brabus GLK V8 (GLK-Class)v8 201
- Brabus GLS 850
- Brabus ML 63 Biturbo (ML 63)
- Brabus ML 7.3 (w163) V12- 1998 Guinness world record.
- Brabus S500 (5.0l V8)
- Brabus SV12 S Limousine (S)
- Brabus T 13 Limousine (s 640)
- Brabus T65S (S65 AMG)
- Brabus SV12 R (S600) iBusiness (750 hp)
- Brabus SV12 R (S600) iBusiness/ Limousine (800 hp)
- Brabus 850 S63 AMG iBusiness/ Limousine (850 hp/1450 Nm)
- Brabus Rocket 900 (900 hp/1500Nm)
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class, SLK-Class and SLS-Class
The Brabus K8 performance kit for the SL model (SL55) includes modifications to the supercharger incorporating a custom vibration damper and pulley, high-performance metal catalysts, and an auxiliary circulation pump with opposing radiator. Power is increased from a standard 476 hp (355 kW) to 550 hp (410 kW) at 6,200 rpm. The maximum torque is 780 N⋅m (580 lb⋅ft) at 3,000 rpm. The roadster is claimed to reach 60 mph (97 km/h) in 4.1 seconds, passes 120 mph (190 km/h) after 13.6 seconds and reaches an electronically limited top speed of 186 mph (299 km/h).
- Brabus SV12 S Roadster (SL600)
- Brabus T 13 Roadster (CL600)
- Brabus T65S (SL65 AMG)
- Brabus SL 55 K8 Roadster (SL55)
- Brabus SL 65 Roadster AMG(SL65 AMG Daniel Madar)
- Brabus SLK 6.5 (6.5L V8)
- Brabus SLS 700 BiTurbo
- Brabus 6.1 V8 Bi-Turbo ( n,hk Viano 3.2 long)
- Brabus SV12 S (Maybach 57(S) / 62(S))
- Brabus Edition Red - 50 made, 35 Coupé and 15 cabrio
- Brabus Canada 1 (smart fortwo 450 cdi coupé and convertible) - 4 made for Canada (3 red, 1 white)
- Brabus edit10n (smart fortwo 451 70 HP coupé) - 10 made for Canada - all Grey metallic/tan leather
- Brabus Ultimate 112 (smart fortwo convertible)
- Brabus electric drive (smart fortwo electric vehicle)
- Smart Roadster Coupé Racing RCR Edition 50 made by Brabus
- Smart roadster Brabus (slight hatchback design)
- Smart roadster-coupe Brabus
- Smart roadster-coupe Brabus biturbo - 10 made
- Smart forfour Brabus
- Smart forfour Brabus Hugo Boss special edition - 5 pcs.
- In 2006 Brabus Rocket clocked in new record for street-legal sedan at 362.4 km/h (225.2 mph). The Rocket was based on a modified Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class (W219) model.
- In October 2006 Brabus made another record (for a sedan) with this car at 365.7 km/h (227.2 mph). The price of the car is 348,000 euros.
- A world-record speed of 330.6 km/h (205.2 mph) set on the high-speed test track in Nardo, Italy; Brabus added to its extensive collection of automotive records with a Maybach 57 powered by a 730-hp (720 hp SAE net) / 537-kW Brabus SV12 S Biturbo engine(s).
- In the beginning of 2012, the world's fastest street-legal sedan was a Brabus Rocket 800.
The 2012 Brabus Rocket 800 is powered by a V12 engine which provides 800 hp and 1,420Nm of torque, which has been limited to 1,100Nm. The Brabus Rocket accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph)in 3.7 seconds, 23.8 seconds to 300 km/h (186 mph) and has a top speed of 370 km/h (230 mph).
- Protean Electric
- Alpina, similar marque specializing on high-performance BMW models.
- ABT, similar marque specializing on high-performance Audi models.
- Automobiltuner Brabus baut drittes Werk in Bottrop
- "Geneva Motor Show Preview: The BRABUS G V12 S Biturbo Mercedes-Benz G-Class | eMercedesBenz - The Unofficial Mercedes-Benz Weblog". eMercedesBenz. 2009-02-19. Archived from the original on 2009-04-14. Retrieved 2009-04-29.
- Company Overview of smart-Brabus GmbH
- [permanent dead link]
- BRABUS Group
- "2011 Brabus Mercedes-Benz G-Class 800 Widestar". Seriouswheels.com. Retrieved 2011-09-27.
- 2012 Geneva Preview: smart BRABUS electric drive and smart BRABUS ebike
- "Brabus Rockets to 366km/h World Record". Worldcarfans.com. 2006-11-20. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- Cars encyclopedia Archived April 14, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brabus.|