This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||ASX: CAR|
|Industry||Media, Internet, Online Classifieds and E-Commerce|
|Founders||Greg Roebuck and Wal Piscotta|
|Australia, Chile, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Argentina, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia|
|Cameron McIntyre (CEO)|
Number of employees
Within Australia, carsales.com manages a network of sites for online classifieds as well as other sites related to the automotive industry.
The technical stack of the company, including hosting in AWS, has helped it expand into new countries: "[W]ith the microservices architecture - written predominantly in .NET with interaction provided by the RabbitMQ open source messaging system - now bedded down, Carsales has for the first time been able to expand its full platform into new markets"
In 2018 carsales.com partnered with CHEProximity to create one of a kind car commercials for private sellers on its website. This campaign was recognised within the marketing industry for its technical execution and impact
carsales.com launched its foundation in March 2016 "The Foundation has launched the Women in IT scholarship in conjunction with Swinburne University and the Indigenous Scholarship with Curtin University. As well as the scholarships, the Foundation stated it will also support various charities through company and individual staff donations, and fundraising activities."
carsales.com is involved in a number of activities to help people learn about technology, including a school holiday program for kids
Acquisitions and investments
- In April 2010, carsales.com purchased Quicksales for $1.1 million
- In October 2015, carsales.com purchased 65% of SoloAutos for $9 million
- In March 2016, carsales.com purchased 83% of ChileAutos for $20 million
- In January 2017, carsales.com purchased DeMotores for $6.7 million
- In November 2017, carsales.com purchased SK Encar for $244 million (after previously having purchased 49.9% for $126 million in April 2014)
- Previously owned carpoint, bikepoint, boatpoint, horsepoint
carsales.com is a share holder of:
- carsales.com is also invested in Redbook Inspect (previously AutoInspect), tyresales.com, Stratton and Assembly Payments (previously PromisePay).
- Sold the Homesales brand and service to BMT Tax Depreciation
Partnerships and Accreditation
Australian Formula 1 driver Daniel Ricciardo is currently the carsales’ Global Brand Ambassador with the carsales logo appearing on the chin of Daniel’s helmet and on his media hat throughout the 2017 and 2018 F1 seasons 
carsales is also the major partner of the Melbourne Renegades Big Bash and Women’s Big Bash League teams and this partnership sees the carsales logo featured on the chest of all Renegades games jerseys.
carsales.com LTD has been recognised by WGEA as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality for the past three-years. . It is one of only 120 companies to be awarded this citation.
In 2015 carsales became the naming rights sponsor of Todd Kelly’s Nissan Altima Supercar in the Australia Supercar Championship. This relationship continued until the end of the 2017 season. 
- In 1997, carsales.com was founded and launched its website, led by Greg Roebuck and Wal Piscotta.
- In 2000, it became a public non-listed company.
- In 2002, Greg Roebuck was appointed Chief Executive Officer.
- In 2009, carsales.com became carsales.com after floating onto the ASX Stock Exchange
- In 2015, carsales sued competitor CarsGuide.com.au in the Supreme Court of Victoria, over allegations that its media campaign was grossly misleading and deceptive towards Carsales.com.au
- In March 2017, Greg Roebuck stood down from his role as CEO and was replaced by Cameron McIntyre.
In recent years it has continued to expand its portfolio, both locally and internationally. Since this period, carsales.com has created a strong presence in Chile, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Argentina, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. RedBook, a subsidiary of carsales.com, is a data services business that has operations in Australia, New Zealand, China, Thailand and Malaysia.
- "Most Innovative Growth Companies #12". Forbes.
- "Carsales seeks hi tech growth". GoAutoNews Premium. 15 February 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales looks to voice assistants to help sell cars". iTnews. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "How a Carsales hackathon spawned an AI innovation". iTnews. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales uses AI, Amazon Web Services to drive innovation". CRN Australia. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- Hawksford, Angela. "Chatbots, voice and more AI for Carsales - AIM Group". aimgroup.com. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Hackathon participants create 'world-first' software for Carsales". CIO. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales scores gong for Cyclops image recognition tool". iTnews. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales moves website into AWS". iTnews. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Microservices makeover propels Carsales' global expansion". iTnews. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "AutoAds | Global". Global. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales & CHE Proximity Give Every Second-Hand Car Its Own Ad - B&T". B&T. 28 February 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales wins Caple Awards for AutoAds campaign". Mumbrella. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales and CHE Proximity create personalised ads for every car listed - AdNews". Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "carsales.com launches scholarships for women and indigenous students in IT". StartUp Daily.
- HRD. "Inside carsales' innovative school holiday program". HR Online. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales completes Mexican acquisition". The Sydney Morning Herald. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales pays $20m to take Chileautos majority stake". Financial Review. 29 March 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales buys Argentina's DeMotores for $6.7 million". Financial Review. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales.Com Ltd steps up international growth with more acquisitions". Motley Fool Australia. 31 January 2017. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- Duke, Jennifer (21 November 2017). "Carsales spends $244 million to become full owner of South Korea's SKEncar". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Fintech start-up PromisePay becomes Assembly Payments, signs key Gumtree deal". Australian Financial Review.
- "Carsales, Reinventure, rampersand back PromisePay's global marketplaces push". Australia Financial Review.
- "Australia's PromisePay, a payment platform for online marketplaces, raises $10M". TechCrunch.
- "BMT Closes the Investment Loop, Buys Homesales.com". Property Portal Watch. 1 July 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- Team, Red Bull Racing Formula One. "Daniel's Aussie Lid | Red Bull Racing Formula One Team". Red Bull Racing Formula One Team. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Carsales.com.au Unveils 'The Best Re-gift Ever' With Daniel Ricciardo".
- "TAC, carsales extend partnerships". Melbourne Renegades. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Carsales and Melbourne Renegades make for winning combination". Melbourne Renegades. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Carsales.com.au Hits The Field In New Cricket Sponsorship".
- "Carsales backs Kelly | Supercars". Supercars. Retrieved 30 July 2018.
- "Carsales float revved up for first trading day". The Australian.
- "Carsales.com Ltd sues CarsGuide.com.au: over allegedly misleading and deceptive marketing campaign - UPDATE | CarAdvice". CarAdvice.com. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- , "Carsales co-founder and CEO Greg Roebuck resigns, replaced by COO"