Chef & Brewer
Grand Metropolitan , which later formed part of Diageo, sold Chef & Brewer pubs to Scottish & Newcastle in 1993 in a part cash, part debentures deal of £708 million. In 2003, Scottish & Newcastle auctioned off the Chef & Brewer chain, which was acquired by the Spirit Group. In 2005 the Spirit Group was acquired by Punch Taverns. In 2011 the Chef & Brewer chain became part of Spirit Pub Company plc following its demerger from Punch Taverns. The Spirit Pub Company plc was acquired by Greene King in June 2015.
Many of the pubs operated by Chef & Brewer are historic pub/inn locations:
- The Barley Mow, Clifton Hampden, Oxfordshire, dating to 1352.
- The De Trafford Arms in Alderley Edge dates back over 200 years 
- Hutt in Ravenshead was built in 1400 
- Cross Keys in Cleveland became a coaching Inn in 1800
- The Traveller's Rest in Nottingham served as a half-way house for herders of the Goose Fair.
- The Ferry Inn in Wilford, Nottingham, serving the namesake ferry crossing chartered by Edward III that served the city for centuries
- Unicorn in Cheshire dates back over 100 years
- Romper in Altrincham dates back 450 years
- The Blundell Arms in Bolton dates back to at least the early 15th century
- The frontage of the Nags Head in Burntwood dates back to 1650 
- Gatwick Manor in Crawley dates back to the 15th century 
- Helen Kay. "Bottom's up for Grand Met with shift in focus to potent brands". The Independent. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "120, pp. 2-19". Brewery History. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Popped corks as Greene King-Spirit pub partnership gets green light | City A.M". City A.M. 2015-06-23. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Clubcard". Tesco.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "De Trafford Arms Chef & Brewer - Alderley Edge Cheshire". Pub-explorer.com. 1910-02-19. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-14. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- "Travellers Rest in Nottingham, Chef & Brewer". Chefandbrewer.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Ferry Inn in Wilford, Nottingham, Chef & Brewer". Chefandbrewer.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2011-03-14.
- "Gatwick Manor in Lowfield Heath, Crawley, Chef & Brewer". Chefandbrewer.com. Retrieved 2016-10-13.