This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Markets||Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, India|
Jamaica Blue is a franchise business of Foodco which operates small coffee shops throughout Australia, New Zealand, UK, China, Malaysia, Singapore and United Arab Emirates. The company mainly operates businesses in residential areas, malls, airports, hospitals and high streets. In 2012, the first Jamaica Blue cafe opened in SIngapore, in that same year the cafe celebrated its 20th anniversary. Jamaica Blue has around 134 cafés internationally in 7 different countries.[when?] It has opened its 100th store in Australia on 16 October 2014, with the 100th café opened in the new development of Westfield Miranda. Jamaica Blue is the sister company of Muffin Break, which is also a franchise of Foodco.
A 2019 news article described how former Jamaica Blue franchisee Brent Harrison invested around $600,000 to open a Jamaica Blue cafe in December 2016 in Harbour Town on the Gold Coast that experienced cashflow problems within three months. In the article, Mr. Harrison alleged that the business turnover had been “grossly over-projected” and was “way off the mark”, and that former franchisee Mr. Harrison would be taking Foodco to court, claiming a seven-figure sum for alleged misrepresentation and arguing he took out a business loan based on an incorrect, site-specific sales turnover representation given by and endorsed by the franchisor.
- "Our Story |". www.jamaicablue.com.au. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "Jamaica Blue café opens in Singapore | Global Coffee Report". gcrmag.com. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "JAMAICA BLUE OPENS 100th AUSTRALIAN CAFÉ |". www.jamaicablue.com.au. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Carey, Alexis (6 November 2019). "Jamaica Blue franchisees speak out eight months after inquiry into troubled sector". News.com.au. Retrieved 6 November 2019.
- Algethami, Sarah (31 October 2015). "Jamaica Blue aims to grow UAE footprint". GulfNews. Retrieved 3 June 2016.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- "Mackay couple juggles new bub with second cafe site". Mackay Daily Mercury. 5 January 2016. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Korner, Andrew (19 December 2013). "Jamaica Blue makes it coffee franchise No.5 at Riverlink". Queensland Times. Retrieved 3 June 2016.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- msowden (25 June 2015). "Thriving metropolis for new Jamaica Blue owners". Gladstone Observer. Retrieved 3 June 2016.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- rachaelmurray (17 April 2014). "City barista proves coffee queen at Jamaica Blue titles". Chronicle. Retrieved 3 June 2016.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)