This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016)
S&P 600 Component
|Founded||1894Mattoon, Illinois, United Statesas the Mattoon Telephone Company in|
|Bob Udell, President & CEO|
|Products||Data & Internet, Voice, Hosted & Managed, Cloud Services, Security Services, IT Services, Wholesale Services, TV, Residential Internet, Residential Phone, Home Security|
|Revenue||US$ 1.1 billion (2017) |
|US$ 38.6 million (2017) |
|US$ 65.0 million (2017) |
|Total assets||US$ 3.72 billion (2017) |
|Total equity||US$ 568.0 million (2017) |
Number of employees
|4,100 (2017) |
Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc., doing business as Consolidated Communications, is an American broadband and business communications provider headquartered in Mattoon, Illinois. The company provides data, internet, voice, managed and hosted, cloud and IT services to business customers, and internet, TV, phone and home security services to residential customers. With 36,000 fiber route miles, it is a top ten fiber provider in the U.S., serving customers in 23 states.
Consolidated Communications was founded as the Mattoon Telephone Company in 1894 by Dr. Iverson A. Lumpkin in Mattoon, Illinois. In 1924, the company became the Illinois Consolidated Telephone Company (ICTC) and began acquiring telephone companies in the region over the next several decades, including telephone companies in Christian County, Montgomery County, the Illinois Southeastern Telephone Company and the Effingham, Illinois exchange from Illinois Bell. In 1984, Consolidated Communications, Inc. (CCI) was formed as the parent company of ICTC, Consolidated Communications Directories and Consolidated Market Response.
In 1997, CCI merged with McLeodUSA, but was purchased back in 2002 by ICTC Chairman and President Richard A. Lumpkin and investors. The company name was then changed to Consolidated Communications.
In March 2020, Consolidated Communications announced that employees and the company have pledged $80,000 to support United Way organizations in communities across the company's service area.
The company offers Internet, traditional landline phone or VoIP, Home Security, Premium Television, Web Hosting and wholesale data) in 23 states across the United States.
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- In April 2004, Consolidated Communications acquired Texas-based TXU Communications.
- In December 2007, Consolidated Communications acquired North Pittsburgh Systems Inc., including North Pittsburgh Telephone Company, Nauticom and Penn Telecom.
- In July 2012, Consolidated Communications acquired SureWest Communications, extending the company's reach to Roseville and Sacramento, California and Kansas City.
- In October 2014, Consolidated Communications acquired Enventis Corporation, formerly HickoryTech, adding operations in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, South Dakota and North Dakota to the company's portfolio.
- In July 2016, Consolidated Communications acquired Champaign Telephone Company (CTC), a business communications provider in the Champaign-Urbana, Illinois area.
- In July 2017, Consolidated Communications acquired FairPoint Communications, expanding the company's service area to 24 states.
- "CNSL Income Statement - Consolidated Communications Hol Stock - Yahoo Finance". finance.yahoo.com.
- "Business Services | Consolidated Communications". www.consolidated.com. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Residential Services | Consolidated Communications". www.consolidated.com. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Consolidated Communications Reports Third Quarter 2017 Results (NASDAQ:CNSL)". ir.consolidated.com. Archived from the original on January 25, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "From CenturyLink to FirstLight: Charting the top 13 fiber buyers in 2017 - FierceTelecom". www.fiercetelecom.com.
- "Consolidated Communications Completes Divestiture of Virginia Properties - NASDAQ.com". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- "Investor FAQs - Consolidated Communications Holdings". ir.consolidated.com. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- Keller, John (June 16, 1997). "McLeod to Expand Holdings With Phone Carrier Purchase". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved January 15, 2020.
- "Richard Anthony Lumpkin". Herald-Review.com. Retrieved January 15, 2020.
- Walker, Clint. "Consolidated Communications supports United Way with $80,000 campaign pledge". JG-TC.com. Retrieved March 3, 2020.
- Consolidated state locations
- Alabama: Consolidated services in AL
- California: Consolidated services in CA
- Colorado: Consolidated services in CO
- Florida: Consolidated services in FL
- Georgia: Consolidated services in GA
- Illinois: Consolidated services in IL
- Iowa: Consolidated services in IA
- Kansas: Consolidated services in KS
- Maine: Consolidated services in ME
- Massachusetts: Consolidated services in MA
- Minnesota: Consolidated services in MN
- Missouri: Consolidated services in MO
- New Hampshire: Consolidated services in NH
- New York: Consolidated services in NY
- North Dakota: Consolidated services in ND
- Ohio: Consolidated services in OH
- Oklahoma: Consolidated services in OK
- Pennsylvania: Consolidated services in PA
- South Dakokta: Consolidated services in SD
- Texas: Consolidated services in TX
- Vermont: Consolidated services in VT
- Washington: Consolidated services in WA
- Wisconsin: Consolidated services in WI
- "CONSOLIDATED COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS INC". www.sec.gov. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Consolidated Communications Completes Acquisition of North Pittsburgh Systems, Inc. and Plans First Quarter 2008 Launch of IPTV Service in Pennsylvania (NASDAQ:CNSL)". ir.consolidated.com. Archived from the original on January 25, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Consolidated Communications Completes Acquisition of SureWest Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL)". ir.consolidated.com. Archived from the original on January 25, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Consolidated Communications Completes Acquisition of Enventis Corporation (NASDAQ:CNSL)". ir.consolidated.com. Archived from the original on January 26, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Consolidated Communications Completes Acquisition of Champaign Telephone Company (CTC) (NASDAQ:CNSL)". ir.consolidated.com. Archived from the original on January 25, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.
- "Consolidated Communications Completes FairPoint Acquisition (NASDAQ:CNSL)". ir.consolidated.com. Archived from the original on January 26, 2018. Retrieved January 25, 2018.