|Type of business||Subsidiary|
|Parent||Screen Media Ventures, LLC.|
Popcornflix LLC is a website and over-the-top (OTT) service offering free ad-supported streaming video of feature-length movies and webisodes. It is owned by Screen Media Ventures, Popcornflix and its parent company were acquired by Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment in 2017.
Popcornflix was conceived in July 2010, and went into live beta in March 2011. The site primarily streams independent feature films, many of which come from Screen Media's library. The service is accessible in the United States and Canada, with plans to launch in more territories.
Popcornflix is available on the following platforms:
- Hachman, Mark (21 March 2011). "Popcornflix.com: a (Free) Hulu for Big Stars, Obscure Movies". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- Andrew McDonald (2017-11-07). "Popcornflix acquired by Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment". Digital TV Europe. Retrieved 2019-06-22.
- Hoffelder, Nate (23 March 2011). "Hulu has a rival – Popcornflix.com". Mediabistro.com. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- "Screen Media Ventures Chooses Brightcove to Support Free Online Digital Movie Platform Popcornflix.com". Satellite Spotlight. 25 April 2011. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Popcornflix App on Roku". Roku Guide. 30 September 2011. Retrieved 10 October 2011.
- Luchter, Les (6 June 2011). "Popcornflix Joins Ad-Supported Streaming Movie Race". MediaPostNews. Archived from the original on 4 August 2011. Retrieved 20 September 2011.