Pakistan Green Party
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairman||Liaquat Ali Shaikh|
|Karachi Division Leader||Faheem Ahmed Khan|
|Larkana Division Leader||Muhammad Khurusheed|
|Youth Leader||Saima Gul|
|Founded||April 28, 2002|
|Youth wing||Pakistan Young Greens|
|Regional affiliation||Asia Pacific Greens Federation|
|International affiliation||Global Greens|
|Colors||Green and Yellow|
|Slogan||"Politics for the next generation"|
0 / 104
0 / 342
|Part of a series on|
The Pakistan Green Party (Urdu: پاکستان گرین پارٹی), also known as the Pakistan Greens, is a green political party in Pakistan. It was founded on April 28, 2002, and is currently led by Liaquat Ali Shaikh.
The ten basic values, or policy positions of the Pakistan Greens are similar to the ten principles of other green parties:
- Grassroots democracy
- Social justice and equal opportunity
- Ecological wisdom (ecosophy)
- Decentralization of authority from Power to the People
- Community-based economics and economic justice
- Gender equity
- Respect for diversity
- Personal and global responsibility
- Miranda Schreurs; Elim Papadakis (21 September 2009). The A to Z of the Green Movement (91st ed.). Scarecrow Press. p. xxxi. ISBN 978-0810868786. Retrieved 25 November 2012.
- "Home". PAKISTAN GREEN PARTY. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
- "Green Party activist attacked in Pakistan". European Greens. Retrieved 2016-10-16.
|This article about a Pakistani political party or organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|