|Other names||Greg KH|
Greg Kroah-Hartman (GKH) is a major Linux kernel developer. As of April 2013[update] he is the Linux kernel maintainer for the -stable branch, the staging subsystem, USB, driver core, debugfs, kref, kobject, and the sysfs kernel subsystems, Userspace I/O (with Hans J. Koch), and TTY layer. He also created linux-hotplug, the udev project, and the Linux Driver Project. He worked for Novell in the SUSE Labs division and, as of 1 February 2012[update], works at the Linux Foundation.
Kroah-Hartman is a co-author of Linux Device Drivers (3rd Edition) and author of Linux Kernel in a Nutshell, and used to be a contributing editor for Linux Journal. He also contributes articles to LWN.net, the Linux news site.
Kroah-Hartman frequently helps in the documentation of the kernel and driver development through talks and tutorials. In 2006, he released a CD image of material to introduce a programmer to working on Linux device driver development.
Kroah-Hartman has been a strong advocate of a stable kernel–user space API (only, i.e. not an advocate for a stable kernel interface/binary kernel interface in general, just for user space programs).
- Jonathan Corbet; Alessandro Rubini; Greg Kroah-Hartman (2005). Linux Device Drivers (3rd ed.). Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly. ISBN 0-596-00590-3.
- Kroah-Hartman, Greg (2006). Linux Kernel in a Nutshell (1st ed.). Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly. ISBN 978-0-596-10079-7.
- "Leading Kernel Maintainer Greg Kroah-Hartman Joins The Linux Foundation". Linux Foundation. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-02.
- "GKH says he now lives in The Hague during an interview with him and Linus Torvalds". TFiR. 22 October 2018.
- "Linux kernel Maintainers file". git.kernel.org. Archived from the original on 2013-01-13. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Greg Kroah-Hartman (2007-09-27). "Linux Driver Project Kickoff". Kroah.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- KH, Greg (2012-02-20). "What Greg Does". Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "O'reilly: Linux Device Drivers, Third Edition". Oreilly.com. Retrieved 2014-12-21.
- "O'reilly: Linux Kernel in a Nutshell". Oreilly.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Greg Kroah-Hartman (2006-07-23). "Linux Symposium: Keynote by Greg Kroah-Hartman, myths, lies, and truths about Linux kernel development". Kroah.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "O'reilly Net: Current State of the Linux Kernel". Conferences.oreillynet.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "O'Reilly Net: Write A Real, Working Linux Driver". Conferences.oreillynet.com. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Linux Symposium: Write a real, working Linux driver tutorial
- "Linux DDK". Debian.org. 2006-05-24. Retrieved 2012-04-05.
- "The Linux Kernel Driver Interface". Archived from the original on 2015-04-26.
- Bhartiya, S (13 May 2016). "Greg KH: Update to Linux Kernel 4.6 for New Security Features". Linux.com. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
- "Portal:Tumbleweed – openSUSE". en.opensuse.org. 6 June 2018. Retrieved 22 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greg Kroah-Hartman.|
- Greg Kroah-Hartman's blog
- Greg Kroah-Hartman's Linux page
- List of articles written by Greg Kroah-Hartman in Linux Journal
- List of articles written by Greg Kroah-Hartman in LWN
- Greg Kroah-Hartman's HOWTO article on Linux kernel development
- Linux Driver Project
- Video with Greg Kroah-Hartman at Hannover Industry Trade Fair, Germany, May 2008
- Greg Kroah-Hartman Linux Plumbers Keynote (video)