Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Part of a series on|
List of popular Hamasah works:
- Hamasah of Abu Tammam.
- Al-Waḥshiyyāt (Book of Stray Verses) or al-Ḥamāsah al-ṣughrā (The Lesser Ḥamāsah) by Abu Tammam.
- Al-Buhturi compiled a Hamasah that is divided into 174 abwab.
- Ḥamāsat al-ẓurafāʾ (Poems of the Refined and Witty) by Al-ʿAbdalkānī al-Zawzanī (d. 431/1039).
- Al-Ḥamāsah al-Shajariyyah of Ibn al-Shajarī (d. 542/1148)
- Al-Ḥamāsah al-Maghribiyyah by Aḥmad b. ʿAbd al-Salām al-Jurāwī (d. 609/1212)
- Al-Ḥamāsah al-Baṣriyyah by Ṣadr al-Dīn ʿAlī b. Abī l-Faraj al-Baṣrī (d. probably 659/1249)
- Al-Ḥamāsah al-saʿdiyyah (known also as al-Tadhkirah al-saʿdiyyah) by al-ʿUbaydī (d. eighth/fourteenth century)
- Ḥamāsah of Ibn al-Marzubān (d. 309/921).
- Al-Ḥamāsah al-muḥdathah (The Modern Ḥamāsah) by Ibn Fāris (d. 395/1004).
- Abū Hilāl al-ʿAskarī known to have compiled a Ḥamāsah.
- Al-Shantamarī (d. 476/1083) wrote a Ḥamāsah that is not to be confused with his commentary on the Ḥamāsah of Abū Tammām.
- Al-Shāṭibī (d. 547/1152) compiled a Ḥamāsah.
- Abū al-Ḥajjāj Yūsuf b. Muḥammad b. Ibrāhīm al-Anṣārī al-Bayyāsī (d. 653/1255) compiled a Ḥamāsah.
- Ḥamāsat al-muḥdathīn (The Ḥamāsah of the Modern Poets) by * Abū Bakr Muḥammad b. Hāshim al-Khālidī (d. 380/990) and Abū ʿUthmān Saʿīd b. Hāshim (d. 390/999).
- Ḥamāsah by an unknown Abū Dimāsh
- Esposito, John L. (2004). The Oxford dictionary of Islam (Paperback ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 106. ISBN 0195125592.
- Orfali, Bilal (1 January 2012). "A Sketch Map of Arabic Poetry Anthologies up to the Fall of Baghdad". Journal of Arabic Literature. 43 (1): 29–59. doi:10.1163/157006412X629737.