This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The ILM Academy abbreviation for "I Love Music Academy" is an Indian electronic music school.
Founded in Bangalore in 2009, the electronic music production school I Love Music Academy, run by brothers Arjun Vagale, Nakul Vagale and a dedicated team, is considered to be India’s premier educational institute for music production. Since its inception it’s expanded into an internationally recognised academy with five pro-level studios in Gurgaon.
The I Love Music Academy was first started in Bangalore and is currently located in DLF Phase 1, Gurgaon - Delhi NCR. Students at the music school have access to the world’s best equipment and software, and one-on-one time through masterclasses with some of the most iconic producers in the music industry like Markus Schulz, Christian Smith, Drumcell, Tom Swoon, Midival Punditz, Arjun Vagale, Ramiro Lopez, Dualist Inquiry, Kohra, Dreadsquad, Ramiro lopez, just to name a few. The academy was also the preferred Indian partner for San Francisco-based production school Pyramind for a period of 3 years till 2017, while many of the academy’s graduates now work professionally in the music industry as DJs and producers.
Today, almost 300 students from across India – from metros like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore to Tier 2 cities like Dehradun, Kochi, Surat and Guwahati and many more – pass through its studios every year. Associations with Ableton Live and The Inventory ensure that the Academy equips its world-class studios with the best production gear.
Knowledge, Experience and Expertise!
I Love Music Academy's visiting faculty make up some of the field’s finest music producers and DJs, and are enthusiastic about sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience with students. Their equally talented in-house faculty members are also always on call to offer students their expertise. In addition to their regular coursework, students are taught key aspects of the music industry, giving them an edge in the real world after graduation. Students have access to state-of-the-art equipment and the most efficient infrastructure, enabling them to practice their coursework in a high-end studio environment and to complete their projects with ease. Towards this end, I Love Music Academy has partnered with the most acclaimed brands in audio technology to give students invaluable exposure to the world’s freshest trends and equipment through training videos, student discounts, and occasional technical workshops.
- Audio Engineering Diploma (1 Year Diploma Course)
- Electronic Music Production (5 Months Certificate Course)
- Professional DJ-ing (3 Months Certificate Course)
Add On Courses
- Electronic Music Performer (1 Month Certificate Course)
- Electronic Music Producer- Performer (6 Months Certificate Course)
- DJ-Producer (9 Months Certificate Course)
- DJ-Producer-Performer (9 Months approx. Certificate Course)
Associations and support
The courses are not accredited to or supported by the Indian government, nor any domestic or international universities. Based on their teaching style, methodology and reputation of the team concerned, Courses at I Love Music Academy are supported by Industry leaders in the Audio Industry including:
- Native Instruments - Germany
- Ableton Live - India Education partner
- SERUM - Xfer,_Inc.
- ADAM Audio
- "'I Love Music Academy' Is One Of The Premier Electronic Music Production Schools In India". Grapevine Online. 2016-06-10. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "About I Love Music Academy| Music Education | I Love Music Academy". www.ilovemusic.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-05.
- "I Love Music| Audio Engineering|Music Production|DJ producer". www.ilovemusic.edu.in. Retrieved 2017-09-05.