Judith Hanson Lasater
Judith Hanson Lasater is an American yoga teacher and writer in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Lasater holds a doctorate in East-West psychology and is a physical therapist, and has taught yoga since 1971. 
In addition, Lasater is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco as well as a founder of Yoga Journal magazine, where she continues to serve on the advisory boards. She is a regular presenter at the annual Yoga Journal Conference.
Lasater has been called "One of the nation’s foremost (yoga) instructors,"  and a "yoga teaching star,"  having led workshops in 44 states plus Australia, Bolivia, Canada, China, England, France, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, and Russia.
She is the mother of three grown children.
Lasater has authored articles and yoga books such as:
- Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 1995 (Co-authored with Mary Pullig Schatz), ISBN 0-9627138-4-8
- Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2000, ISBN 0-9627138-8-0
- Yoga for Pregnancy: What Every Mom-to-Be Needs to Know, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2003, ISBN 1-930485-05-0
- 30 Essential Yoga Poses: For Beginning Students and Their Teachers, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2003, ISBN 1-930485-04-2
- Yoga Abs: Moving From Your Core, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2005, ISBN 1-930485-09-3
- A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2006, ISBN 1-930485-15-8
- What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2009 (Co-authored with Ike K. Lasater), ISBN 1-9304852-4-7
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2009, ISBN 978-1-930485-21-1
- Isaacs, Nora (2007-04-05). "Exercisers Slow It Down With Qigong". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- "About Judith". Archived from the original on 2006-11-01. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Schneider, Carrie (2003). American Yoga: The Paths and Practices of America's Greatest Yoga Masters. New York: Barnes & Noble. p. 87. ISBN 0-7607-4558-7.
- Hann, Joelle (2007-08-23). "Between Poses, a Barrage of Pickup Lines". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- "California Yoga Teachers Association Board of Directors". Archived from the original on 2006-08-23. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- "Yoga Journal Conference Presenters". Archived from the original on 2007-10-23. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- Kidston, Martin (2006-11-25). "Asana In Montana". Helena Independent Record. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Powers, Ann (2000-08-01). "American Influences Help Redefine Practice of Yoga". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-03.