Judith Hanson Lasater
Judith Hanson Lasater (born 8 March 1947) is an American yoga teacher and writer in the San Francisco Bay Area.
She was an early disciple of B.K.S. Iyengar and helped to popularize both Iyengar and Restorative Yoga. Lasater is President of The California Yoga Teachers Association (CYTA), which she cofounded in 1974. She is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco as well as a founder of Yoga Journal magazine, where she continues to serve on the advisory boards. She is a regular presenter at the annual Yoga Journal Conference. She has been called "One of the nation’s foremost (yoga) instructors,"  and a "yoga teaching star,"  having led workshops in 44 states plus Australia, Bolivia, Canada, China, England, France, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, and Russia.
She is the mother of three grown children.
- Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 1995 (Co-authored with Mary Pullig Schatz), ISBN 0-9627138-4-8
- Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2000, ISBN 0-9627138-8-0
- Yoga for Pregnancy: What Every Mom-to-Be Needs to Know, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2003, ISBN 1-930485-05-0
- 30 Essential Yoga Poses: For Beginning Students and Their Teachers, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2003, ISBN 1-930485-04-2
- Yoga Abs: Moving From Your Core, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2005, ISBN 1-930485-09-3
- A Year of Living Your Yoga: Daily Practices to Shape Your Life, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2006, ISBN 1-930485-15-8
- What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2009 (Co-authored with Ike K. Lasater), ISBN 1-9304852-4-7
- Yogabody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana, Rodmell Press, Berkeley, CA, 2009, ISBN 978-1-930485-21-1
- Gates 2006, pp. 89, 93.
- "About Judith". Archived from the original on 2006-11-01. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Isaacs, Nora (2007-04-05). "Exercisers Slow It Down With Qigong". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- Schneider, Carrie (2003). American Yoga: The Paths and Practices of America's Greatest Yoga Masters. New York: Barnes & Noble. p. 87. ISBN 0-7607-4558-7.
- Hann, Joelle (2007-08-23). "Between Poses, a Barrage of Pickup Lines". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- "California Yoga Teachers Association Board of Directors". Archived from the original on 2006-08-23. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- "Yoga Journal Conference Presenters". Archived from the original on 2007-10-23. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- Kidston, Martin (2006-11-25). "Asana In Montana". Helena Independent Record. Retrieved 2006-12-04.
- Powers, Ann (2000-08-01). "American Influences Help Redefine Practice of Yoga". The New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-03.
- Gates 2006, p. 94.
- Gates, Janice (2006). Yogini: Women Visionaries of the Yoga World. Mandala. pp. 89–94. ISBN 978-1932771886.